Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday 24th?

Anyone out tonight? I won't be back I Cambridge in time to make the start but I fancy a pint or two of Pegasus at the Tickell Arms so plan to road it there - if that's where your going.

Re: Thursday 24th?

I'll be there.

Just re-fitted my mud tyres (maxxis medusas) so if I do make it to the start, the drag of these tyres will probably mean you are waiting for me a bit longer - apologies for that!
But while on the subject of mud tyres, I've ordered bontrager mud exc for front and maxxis beaver rear. Should be testing them next thurs all being well.

i'm intending to be out

im on call all next week so wont be out then.
after that who knows, looks like i'm on call every other week or 2 weeks in 4 so maybe a lot less riding for me for a while

Yes, planning to be out tonight. Will also be collecting cash from anyone who wants to pay for their Xmas dinner.

Richard

Will have to skip tonight - feeling a bit unwell :-(

Adriano
Will have to skip tonight - feeling a bit unwell :-(

should eat more vegetables

You should be a goose

On a roll with the paperwork so going to give it a miss.

I've been goosed. Quite often. Does that count?