Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hardwick this Thursday

Quick note to those planning to ride on Thursday. This week the Blue Lion is shut for decorating.

Re: Hardwick this Thursday

Duncan
Quick note to those planning to ride on Thursday. This week the Blue Lion is shut for decorating.

Curses! Thanks for the warning Duncan - any suggestions for an alternative? How is the 3 horseshoes at Comberton looking these days? Would be keen to try out the Barton Hoops under the new management.

No one out tonight? I'm not, due to a head cold which seems to be getting worse. Hopefully out next thurs if I don't attend a lecture on weather hosted by the CCC.

No plan B for the destination yet then? I'll be out, planning to wrap up well for the freezing conditions.

Richard

i'm planning on riding

Not out tonight due to being in Scotland sans bicyclette. Will go to the pub though. Don't suppose I'll see you there.

ccc lecture on weather??? FFS.

i'm going to ride, probably slow(for me) but first time out in what feels like forever.

Yep I am coming out