Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who is going to Turnip?

Would you rather....

a) spend Saturday morning tucked up in a nice warm bed with a cup of coffee (or tea - if that is your thing) and a hobnob, feeling reasonably content with your life (but secretly being deeply dissatisfied and yearning for freedom)

or...

b) spend Saturday morning riding your bike along 50 miles of mashed up byway and boring, endless bridleway, asking yourself "why the fuck am I doing this" but taking pleasure from the fact that you just don't know

If the answer is b, you are in luck! The turnip is still on. Someone you know may know what you need to know to attend. Ask them and who knows, if you know, maybe see you in the morning.

Btw. not my fault

Re: Who is going to Turnip?

Thanks for organising the turnip Adrian. You were true to your word. It was shit. But I enjoyed it nonetheless. Particularly the Seven hour post ride pub stop. Feeling surprisingly chipper today.

Re: Who is going to Turnip?

Virtually fell in through the door at 1.30am. For the first time in my life had to walk velcro Hill. GPS track shows I went via Tommy Tuckers on the way home. . A true Bastard of a day. Good early season pub/ride training.
Cheers sado man.