Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bravenet Subs

Ah takes me back! I remember wheedling pound coins out of the "membership" when I was the webmaster several years back.

Glad to see things look much the same as ever. Although I prefer the riding up in Jockland (I really don't miss the clay winter mud of Cambs and the Right to Roam trail access here is fantastic), I've never managed to find anything like the same quality of pub stops.

For those that remember me - the Focus carbon hard tail is still just about going, but was largely kept for gravel/adventure CX events and is now flirting with beater status. I've a Sunn full sus that's been ridden to bits and the current steed of choice is an NS trail bike. The shitty old bag (as christened by Anna Lilo) was retired a couple of years ago after it became a real liability on the downhills...

Any of the old lags on Strava? I'm in touch with Anna, Claire found me before she buggered off to the USA and I found Paul Lyons, but what about the likes of Duncan, Pasty or Pete Fenton? Is Uncle Tom still riding?

And what happened to your vague plans of a year or two ago of a CamMTB trip up to one of the Scottish trail centres? It's a long way for you lot but it'd be grand to meet up again.

Cheers

Paul D

Hi Paul, good to hear from you, shocked to hear that your shit bag got binned having surely survived at least one world war. Not sure that Strava thing will catch on... Will prob be up in the Lakes in May/June, in case you can manage a trip down a bit, as you say the pubs will be better than north of the border. Cheers, Pete

Hey Pete - yes, let me know when your plans are settled and I'll see if I can make it down.

paul.digard at gmail.com

Cheers

Paul