Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For sale: 1 egg

I am selling a medium free-range egg. I purchased it as part of a box of 6 but only need 5 for my recipe so this one is up for grabs. It would be great poached or maybe hard boiled. If scrambling you may need to buy a couple more. Depends on how hungry you are.

I paid 89p for 6 so would accept offers around 14p + postage costs.

Specs and picture below. More details on request and viewing welcome by appointment.

Energy: 60 kCal
Saturates: 1.3g
Sugars: 0.1g
Salt: 0.2g

egg photo: egg egg3.jpg

Re: For sale: 1 egg

This is the first time I could be arsed navigating around the unnecessarily complicated layout but I am delighted that I made the effort. I'll give you 20p for the egg. Can collect in about a month.

Hi Tony,

Great. I have a load of travel with work coming up so 1 month from now suits me. I will set it aside until then.

Will you be paying cash or paypal / bank transfer?

Tony, I can better this with one 105gm & one 70gm egg for 22 new pence?

Too good a deal to refuse?

But must be cash only, or I'd be doing me self and the girls an unservice.

Erm.......etiquette? Since when did we undercut each other like dodgy car salesman. If you took the time to look on comparetheegg.com you would see that the deal Tony and I made is competitive - your proposal is absurd and detrimental to the second hand egg market.

@Tony - do the right thing....

I'm a man of my word. I will stick to the original offer. However, I may be in the market for another egg in late May, so if yours is still available Duncan I could be interested.

Who normally services your old bird?

Hi Tony,

Having a bit of a spring clean and discovered the egg I agreed to sell to you in a box under the stairs. Still interested? Note that the price has been adjusted for inflation to 15p.

By the way, since my initial reaction to Duncan's effort to undercut me I have had the fortune to eat an egg laid by one of his fine birds and found it to be rather enjoyable. It had a refined texture, balanced white-to-yolk ratio and delicate fruity notes. I therefore retract my initial cynicism about his aggressive pricing and would highly recommend purchasing one if still available at that price.

Still interested in the egg. Need to get rid of a roof box first to make space. Hope the egg on offer is the original one and not some newfangled replacement.