Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford Thursday

The weather looks good again for tomorrow. Anyone able to do an early evening at Thetford and do the whole ride in the daylight? I could be there for about 5:30pm.

Richard

Re: Thetford Thursday

All looking very quiet here! Richard's right - the forecast looks good.

Alison and I would be up for Thetford but can't do early - 7.30 would be earliest for us.

Any other takers?
Dom

I'm afraid things aren't looking good for me to make it - I still have too many things to arrange and pack. If I'm not there on time, I won't make it.

Have a good ride, I'm certainly going to miss even the flats Cambs ones, and the good beer. And the Minstrels.

Until I get back here, or I see you in Cape Town, cheers!

I'll be at Thetford early but will just have a potter about and make sure I'm not completely knackered when the fresh legs arrive!

I will assume 7:30pm Dom, unless you say otherwise, or anyone else posts to say they're coming.

Richard

Yes I'm planning to ride, so 7.30 at BCP?

Great, see you then Pete.

Will try for 7:30 but might be a bit late

Arranging and packing such a large backpack before a ride can be a real headache. Just ask Pat - should it be two kitchen sinks or just the one?

Sorry to see you go, Riaan. I hope that our paths cross again very soon.

Tom

PS - sorry I couldn't join you all last night. I got as far as the Girton junction (already running late), joined a traffic queue and found that the A14 was closed due to a bad accident somewhere. Massive queues on the diversion down Huntingdon Road.

Managed to turn back and went for a short ride near home instead.

PT