Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hoops anyone?

I am planning to be out - need to test my mud tyre prior to the Fenduro....Better go and fit it first though.

What time you thinking on going out and we're

Good shout on the mud tyre pete - will give you an advantage on the mx track stage.

@Gareth. The Hoops is the name of the pub at which the group plans to stop. The meeting place is usually outside Japas on brookside at 1930 on tuesdays and thursdays.

Lovely stuff

@Adriano if people could let me know about Thursday ride out please
As I need to get my gear ready aka charge lights up and other stuff then I be out Thursday
If the ok with the group ???

will hopefully make it out tonight

Hi Gareth,

With a few exceptions, we meet up for rides at the corner of Brookside and Lensfield Road at 19:30 on a Tuesday and Thursday.

You're very welcome to join us - our next ride is to The Green Man, Thriplow on Thursday.

As you've already noticed, you will need good lights as the riding will be off road and in the dark. There are various messages on our website - www.cammtb.co.uk - regarding equipment, but the basics are:-

a well maintained bike capable of riding off-road
aforementioned lights (front and rear)
a helmet
some spares, such as inner tubes, some basic tools and a pump, some water and a rucsac to carry them.

See you on the trails!

TOM

Thank you Tom well I know it a bit over kill but will be fitting. A
Light bar to my bike and I have just brought a new one as my old one got stolen which hurt but nothing
I can do but if I can make I will keep you guys updated.

A most agreeable evening ride and session in the Hoops last night chaps!

Cheers,

Richard

Yes indeed, a very convivial evening. Not sure about the 6 o'clock alarm this morning mind--

A very pleasant evening all round, and good to see a reasonable number of people out