Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford tonight?

Anyone heading to Thetford tonight? Anyone driving over from Cambridge with space for +1 and a bike (and also returning afterwards)?

Thanks to Duncan, I have a functional drivetrain again.

Marcel

Re: Thetford tonight?

i'll be going, but won't have time to pick you up sorry. (There's a slim chance i'll be late, anyway)

Looks like a grand evening for Thetford but I don't think I'll make it. May not make a local ride either. Pat - do you have a plan?

Hi Marcel, I'll be leaving from Rustat Road area if you can get there by 7pm? I can put your bike in my car and drop you off at the same place after the ride.

Hi Tony, due to an over enthuastic run on sunday night on cold legs, i have a calf injury so not out tonight.

went for a run on tuesday to see if i was ok and had to stop after only 2.5 miles out of 7 and walk 1.5 miles back to work.

yet again i'm in not a good way. :(

That's unlucky Pat. On the plus side it increases my chances of beating you in the half marathon.

I will meet you there Vid. Thanks for the lift!

Staying local tonight if anyone fancies joining me I'll swing by the usual place at the usual time, give or take 5 mins
Richard

Well, my rides fell through, anyone heading to thetford and still has room for +1? Otherwise, I'll probably join Richard at the usual time/place.

-marcel

I think the normal place, given the weather. see you in a bit. I'm rushing so may be a few mins late.