Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leaving Cambridge, FREE Stuff!

Sorry to say I finished packing my bike to ship back to the US today after my last morning ride in Cambridge. It was great going on some rides with the club, and I'm sad to miss the rest of the Fenduro season. Since we're leaving earlier than I expected, I have some bike parts and supplies that I have to leave behind, and they're looking for a good home.

Rock Shox Reverb A1 Dropper Post (2012), 31.6mm, 380 mm, externally routed with remote and hydraulic cable (i.e. complete). Needs a full service to hold position under load, should be repairable.
Floor pump, basic model with pressure gauge and dual-valve compatible head (Presta/Schraeder)
~6 oz of Orange Seal in dispenser bottle with nozzle and valve removal tool included. No more flats since I put this in my tubes, or use to run tubeless if that's how you roll!

I leave Wednesday, so you would need to let me know soon and arrange to pick up on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Tuesday I may be relatively inaccessible--packing and day trip to London.

Sorry to miss out on the season just when things are starting to warm up and dry out! email or facebook message if you are interested in any of the above!
If you wind up in Pittsburgh, PA anytime, just drop me a line and tell me when you want to ride. I'll be happy to show you my favorite trails there.

-Marcel

Re: Leaving Cambridge, FREE Stuff!

I'll have the dropper if it's still available

Cheers
Norman

It's yours! I emailed you to coordinate the handoff. Call or email to confirm.

m

Hi Marcel,
Sorry to see you go so soon, will always remember the mudguard incident on the Fendango! Hope the trip home is good.
Duncan

Same as what Duncano said - a shame to lose a fellow fenthusiast, especially as we approach the time of year when the trails improve from a depressing 1/10 to a remarkably underwhelming 3/10...In all of my 2.5 years in Cambridge this is the shittest winter I can remember, so well done for persevering!

Surely you mean 8/10 (or are you still claiming to be Welsh)?:heart_eyes: