Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Train to Baldock ?

Have a nice route back to shepreth, Barrington or even Grantchester. Was thinking the 18.53 from Cambridge (I'm going to get the 19.08 from Shepreth) and if you miss that one here is an 18.57 ?!?
Anyone else? Bound to be a ball!
Huzzars!!

Re: Train to Baldock ?

Looks like a good night for it but I shall be growing a beard and sipping ale from a pewter tankard at the folk festival.

Baldock sounds good, especially if followed by a pint or two on the green at Barrington

Just heard of this run on the Number 18 bus. I'm in (from Shepreth Station) 19:08

dont think i will be able to meet up for the next couple of weeks but may come ot for a gentle ride on 16th

I'll be out for a ride, see you soon.

Another epic for me - nigh on 43 miles on a hot night with minimal fluids - Barrington Oak ran out of beer (perhaps forgivable given the current weather conditions)
Thanks to Duncan for a challenging route, and no thanks to the. Train operators which made us 10 min late . Roll on the next excursion by rail. 😊

Cheers Pete, Yes enjoyed the ride.......
Severe lack of choice on the beer