Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday 7th Feb

Ayup folks, there's a northerner on the loose in Cambridge!

Or at least, there will be... on Thursday 7th February.

I'm going to be in Cambridge for a few days and better still, I have permission to bring my bike :relaxed:

Would be great to catch up with as many of you as can make it out on the ride that night, or in the pub afterwards.

If there's scope to swap the destination pub to the Green Man, instead of the week after, that would make it easier for me to get back to Ely afterwards but happy to go with Barrington if changes are frowned upon these days :laughing:

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers,

Richard

Re: Thursday 7th Feb

Crikey! thanks for the long lead in time, gives us more time to organize an interpreter and get an assortment of deep fried objects delivered to the pub once agreed.

It a while away and I have been threatened with a work trip to Paris, but will come along if in the country

and i get back from San Francisco at 4pm that aftermoon. I had been tempted to nip in at home, drop the bags off and get on my bike. That's now a cert.

Green Man would suit me

should be free to ride that evening too

OOOOO I'm in Ilkely that day!....playing golf with all the Brexitters!