Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Train to Elsenham tomorrow evening

At risk of causing confusion, I have just seen a message from Pasty suggesting that we could get the 18.32 from Cambridge North, connecting with the 18.51 at Cambridge and the 18.56 at Shelford - it's a bit last minute in terms of planning and maybe a bit early for catching trains but does give 30 minutes more pub time

I suggest we give it a go.

The 19:20 from Cambridge would be my preferred choice, but if everyone is on the earlier one, then i'll have to see whether I can make it !

i cant make the earlier train as i dont even get homd until 6:-1:

OK, FORGET THE EARLY TRAIN IDEA!

SCOWL AS PASTY FOR SUGGESTING IT!

19.14 FROM CAMBRIDGE NORTH, 19.20 FROM CAMBRIDGE, 19.26 FROM SHELFORD

Let's go with Paul's suggestion. It suits Pat and, if I'm honest, me too.

I'll be at Cambridge North, then, for the the 19:14.

Tom

"Scowl AS Pasty"? Surely no one can scowl quite like me - Challenge Accepted.

PT

Tom, scowling? I refer you to our esteemed college on the far right of the picture at the top of the page. ;)

7:14 Cambridge North it is.

19:26 Shelford for me. Norman might be joining me?

Thinking of travelling in first class. Sounds snooty but I don't want the bike to feel underappreciated.

i'm thinking 3rd class as i'm bringing my own mud.

I'll be heading to town. Shelford is much further for me !

If I don't mess up too badly I will be on the 19:20 from Cambridge Hauptbahnhof
Cheerio, Bart