Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Or Thetford ?

To throw something different into the hat, I was thinking it's about time we went to Thetford

https://www.moongiant.com/phase/10/1/2020

it looks like clear skies, to boot.

(if a little claggy, under-wheel, of course)

Re: Or Thetford ?

I'm up for Horningsea, 7pm is good

Re: Horningsea on Thursday

Horningsea good for me, I'll join in. 7pm. Have to get a move on this afternoon.

Re: Horningsea on Thursday

Horningsea sounds fine, see you at 7.

Re: Horningsea tonight for me

Thinking about a little road ride to the pub, with pothole radar switched on this time. If not, I'll see you at the start 19:00 hrs.

I'll try to be there by 19:00.

PT

something wierd going on on this forum.

Anyway, following a back-channel conversation, Bart and I are heading to BCP, for 8:15pm.

Enjoy Horningsea. I'll see you next week !

Pete T
Thinking about a little road ride to the pub, with pothole radar switched on this time. If not, I'll see you at the start 19:00 hrs.
Now definitely going for the road ride. Pub ETA 21:00 - Have a good ride there all - also hope BCP not too draggy.

Not going to make Brookie by 7 so going to have to give it a miss.
Might pop by for an outside beer later.