Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Virtual Christmas Meal, 17th December

Hi All,

We're going to have a virtual Christmas Meal this year for obvious reasons. Looking at the 17th from, say, 7 pm.

The idea is to meet at The Skinny Arms (Tony's Zoom account) and bring our own food and ale. Number of courses, drinks and what to consume is up to you.

There will be the usual pre-dinner chat and Tony will see if he can split the Zoom into different 'tables'.

Finally, I will announce some awards so get some ideas in to me - puncture twat is maybe a foregone conclusion....

PT

Re: Virtual Christmas Meal, 17th December

If you are planning to join, please ping me via email so I can send a Zoom link to everyone (I won't be posting it on the forum).

Unfortunately my bosses don't trust me with Zoom, so I can't have separate rooms for 'bar mingling'

I've emailed Tony !

I have emailed Tony but got an out of office reply, anyone else got the same?

you did Rick because I am out of the office. I can still check the email though....Sneaky!