Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: David - Electric Bike.

Hi David,

Thanks very much for sharing your news with us - I appreciate that it must be difficult to do that. I, and many others in the group did worry that your condition had deteriorated and that was why you were not out.

In my own family we were looking at a similar diagnosis last year. However, in our particular case the diagnosis was ultimately different, but we went through a lot of preparation towards an MS diagnosis along the way - totally grim is all I can say. You have my deepest sympathy.

That's the shitty bit out of the way, but I will say that I fully expect to see you out on the trails again soon. Remission can be long and sustained, so let's make it a date as soon as you can! Otherwise, we'll all have to raid your house and steal your beer :grinning:

Cheers
Norman

Hi David,
Hoping everything goes well and looking forward to seeing you out as soon as you can:+1:

Hi David,
sorry to hear about this, it was always great to have you along on the tron like bike with its green lights.
I'm sure you will have this beat and be back out with us soon where we can do some good routes with minimal stiles

Richard

Hi David,
I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you to be back riding soon. Really sorry to hear about it not going well at the moment, wishing you all the best and hope to see you on the bike again.

Hi David

Sorry to hear this but it is good that you have a diagnosis that will facilitate treatment. I hope the treatment is effective and you are able to get back out on the bike.

All the best,
Paul

Firstly apologies for my very tardy response - been a bit busy and pre-occupied. That's the pathetic excuses out of the way, here's hoping your treatment is a success and that we see you out on the trails again soon. Or in the pub. Don't you owe me a beer....?