Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's cold and my balls are blue

Grantchester tomorrow night.

I think Richard Miller phoned them up and confirmed that they're open, so I think we're good (Richard please post on here to confirm)

Like last week, do we have the good, the bad and the ugly as far as routes go ?

Finally, if the Blue Ball is closed then I think that the 3 Horseshoes in Comberton would be open.

Re: It's cold and my balls are blue

mmm No, Not going to the inbred hole that is ...the Three shit hole shoes....Blue Ball...Bring it on!!

Route wise how about Roman Rd to Linton looping back through Abington and Stapleford. Plenty of options to shorten or extend along the way.

I'll be along

What time does the pub shut?

Hope to join tonight!

Just phoned them,

They shut between 10 and 10:30, depending on how busy the pub is.

According to Google, all of the pubs in Grantchester close at 10, so I guess the 3 horseshoes in Comberton is our backup.

The Hoops in Barton doesn’t close until 11!

Actually, I think that, according to our nearest-open-pub algorithm, then The Hoops is correct.

(Unless Duncan forces us to go to Comberton)

Judging by his reaction, I suspect Duncan's banned from the pub in Comberton... and the Londis, and the Village Hall, and the duck pond...