Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christmas Dinner update

Thanks Tony,

I'll also cycle - some nice frozen off road sections to tackle on the way.

PT

Even though we are all hardy MTBers, beware that the countryside starts at the Coton Footpath. At the town / Adams Road end it is all OK-ish, getting less fancy the further you go. One fellow hardy MTBer took a hardy tumble on the stretch of road in front of our house.

What time are you setting off Tony, 6:45?
I’m cycling too.
Thinking safety in numbers.

some time around 6.30-6.45

I was pondering whether a largely off-road route would be a wise choice. I expect the Coton-Madingley 'road' will be very icy if it is closed to through traffic.

Anyone know what it's like...?

Off road route and Christmas meal.
This year is looking up.
I will contact you nearer the time to meet up if that is ok.
Shame I have do the family one on Saturday

Tony/Pat let me know where and when. I'm cycling from Kings Hedges and might join you.