Return to Website

Miss Charming's Bar & Cocktail Forum

Welcome thirsty surfers! This forum is intended for cOol cats, hiP bartenders, tOtally rad surfer dudes, beer chuggin' bArflies, extraOrdinary servers, wacKy wannabe's, and all others interested in the marTini-drinking, shot-shoOting, jeTset, poP culture, fun-lOving, goOd-time, cocktail world. Jump right in. The water is fine.

Miss Charming's Bar & Cocktail Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need HELP cutting someone off!!!

I went to bartending school and also took a tips class, i have certificates from both. I have been bartending at a private club for two months now and honestly, if i were my boss i would fire me. I am a great bartender..fast, friendly, efficent..everyone loves me and i know i do a great job, while bartending for a party the other day i realized something...I NEED TO GROW SOME BALLS!! i have been letting people (my regulars and party goers) get away with drinking waay too much and i am a liability for myself, the bar and others. I am tips certified but i am sad to say that does not mean i know what to do. I cant seem to figure out how to tell when to cut someone off- sure when they are slurring and falling that is a obvious sign..but how do i do it before that point? so they can get into a car and be safe? and i have about 100 regulars that come in almost everyday..how do i adapt them to this new me??? i sure have put myself into a pickle here and I NEED SOME HELP AND ADVICE!!!!! thankyou!!!