ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WWF wrestler John 'Earthquake' Tenta dies at 42

Former LSU wrestler John Tenta, known professionally as "Earthquake" while competing in the World Wrestling Federation, has died at the age of 42,he passed away Wed. 6-7-05, the school said Thursday.
Tenta, who lettered for the Tigers in the early 1980s when wrestling was a nationally renowned varsity sport at LSU, died after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer.
"Big John," as he was known at LSU, also participated in football for the Tigers.
Born in Surrey, British Columbia, he weighed 11 pounds, 3 ounces at birth. Recently he measured 6-foot-6 and weighed in at over 400 pounds, LSU said.
After leaving LSU, Tenta briefly took up sumo wrestling in Japan before going into pro wrestling. He joined the World Wrestling Federation in 1989 and gained fame as "Earthquake" as he feuded with Hulk Hogan.
Tenta performed for both World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling throughout the 1990s.
In recent years he had lived in Florida. He is survived by his wife and three children.
On behalf of everyone here on the site and American Championship Wrestling and it's fans, we offer our condolences to the family and friends of John Tenta.
For those interested, a Paypal account has been established to raise money to the surviving wife and kids of John 'Earthquake' Tenta.
If anyone would like to make a donation to the Tenta family,The paypal address where to send donations to is: johntentafund@wrestlecrap.com.

Re: WWF wrestler John 'Earthquake' Tenta dies at 42

Thank you ACW for taking time to remember one of wrestlings biggest names and one of the nicest people I ever had the pleasure to work and travel with.Just last year I had the great opportunity to attend a legends event that Typhoon(Earthquake's partner)was in attendance at. He said John wanted to come so badly but his cancer had gotten worse,it was no longer in remission. John was one of the nicest people I ever met in this buisness.Even when he got the big push with Hulk,it never went to his head. His death was certain,but another reminder in life's lessons about what really matters most. I just thank the Good Lord I am still healthy enough to carry on,I am 47 myself.It is so true,my time has come and gone,but as long as I can get in that ring and go,I will.Sadly now,I have another friend to dedicate my next match to. Now,I just want to help who ever want's it and have fun.I just love performing for the wrestling fan's,they are the ones who matter the most. I will never forget their faces,smiling,laughing or mad and angry. The important thing is not to let your ego get in the way,humility can be hard to come by for some. John(Earthquake) It is to hard for me to say goodbye,I will just say,so long. I will miss you and never forget you. But,it is always hard on me when one of the boys pass away,to me all of you are family!

www.boriszhukov.com