ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mayhem in Floyd...

First, I’d like to send my condolences to the ACW referee and his family. You along with the rest of the wrestling world are in my thoughts and prayers during these difficult times.

I’d also like to give my thoughts on the Floyd County Mayhem that took place on June 21st. This was the first time that I have attended a “home town” wrestling event in over 3 years and I must say that this show was well worth the wait. For those that have not been to the NICW Arena, let me tell you that this place is spectacular and is exactly what the area needs. I must say that the NICW management did an excellent job establishing this facility. As for the show, I can’t tell you how much fun was had… from laughing and the college kids to simply watching great wrestling take place before my eyes. I really haven’t had that much fun since the old ACW days when I used to see my two favorites, Eclipso and the Terminator rip the crowd to shreds! This show ranks second only to the time I saw Eclipso make Rolling Thunder bleed like a stuffed pig while locked in a steel cage in Floyd. Here are my thoughts on the show:

1. Scott Weddle reaps of talent and is the best young talent in SW Virginia. This kid will be one of the best workers in the state of Virginia when all is said and done. (does anyone know if he aspires to turn wrestling into a full time career?)
2. The merger of ACW and NICW will end up being a great thing.
3. Eclipso remains to be the best heel around. He didn’t quite talk the smack that he used to but he is still the ultimate heel. I hope that we didn’t tick him off too much by ribbing him throughout the night. You are still the man Eclipso. Glad to see that you still don the pink tights.
4. Steele is bad A with the mic in his hand. I still think that the Undertaker walk on the ropes is one of the best sequences.
5. I actually enjoyed the Dustin Daniels, D-Low Brown, Scot Blaze match. I typically believe that the three way matches tend to get drug out but this was pretty good. I always enjoy watching the Redneck wrestle and I must say that D-lo was pretty impressive.
6. The college fools that sat in the front row… I thought were great. They gave instant “pop” to the show and heckled the heels the whole night. As a Mark myself, I thought they added to the show tremendously but I would be interested to know what the pro wrestlers thoughts are? If I were a wrestler, I would feed those idiots everything that I had and it would be a good time for all.
7. what the heck… a floyd show and no fritz brady?

These are just my thoughts on the show. I hope everyone that attended had a wonderful time.