ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don & Rocky Kernodle

Don & Rocky Kernodle have just agreed to make a special guest appearance along with Johnny Weaver and Sandy Scott in Rocky Mt., Va on Nov 3, 2007
This is almost turning into a Fan Fest for Mid-Atlantic and ACW fans, more details coming soon.

Re: Don & Rocky Kernodle

It seems like ACW is going further away from actual wrestling and is slowly descending into a convention for some of the older wrestlers in Virginia. If so that's no problem but you need to notify people of this change and not try to pass it off as wrestling still. Just ,y opinion!

Wow, please explain how you connect those dots? Honestly I am curious. Why can't a promotion have special guest appearances by legends and still not be a wrestling show? I mean these are the same 3 that appear for CWF in NC and I don't think anyone wouldn't call their shows a convention trying to be passed off as wrestling.

What about back in the JCP days of the NWA, they would have Legends appear as a special attraction but they still had a wrestling show.

Just so it is clear, I am not attacking but trying to understand your thought process behind that statment.

O'

I'm not attacking anyone either I was just making an observation that it seems like each new show they have more and more legends coming in on the show. Seems like each show they acquire more and more older wrestlers who keep coming back at each show. I kinda made a leap in my head without typing, which is my mistake, but my thought process was if they continue to bring in the older wrestlers at the same rate that they have been then the shows would turn into less actual wrestling matches and more of a legends convention.

We're not sure where you're going with this either, sure we're happy if a Wrestling Legend would like to appear on our show, We're not sure what the problem is, we STILL do about 6 good matches, the fans get to see some of the Mid-Atlantic Legends, and most of all, THE TICKET PRICES ARE STILL THE SAME, really one of the cheapest ones still around, most indy's have gone to $10.00 or more for just wrestling and will charge you more if they add a legend, the Legends we use were in the Mid-Atlantic years ago (old school wrestling) so we don't see in ANY way when they come it takes away from a wrestling show, they share their wisdom with the wrestlers and point out things that could be done different on the show, they met and greet the fans BEFORE the show even starts, some open the show and some even are on the show like Bob Caudle commentating at ringside during the match, Jimmy Valaint special referee in a match, to us this is just extra for the fans and for the wrestlers, some fans pay over a hundred dollars to just to see some of these wrestlers and NO Wrestling at some of the fan fests, we're giving them to you free.....again we don't see the problem, but thanks for you input.