ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How about Frank Parker ?

To whom it may concern ,
My name is Amanda Presley and i love independent wrestling. I remember attending afew ACW shows several years back and i really enjoyed it. My favorite wrestler was and still is Frank Parker. I know Frank lives somewhere in va. So i was wondering why you guys don't use Frank on your shows. He is a big veteran that can steal the show at any given moment. Using Frank on your shows can only help ACW in the long run. Anyway , just my opinion. Thanks for you time.

Re: How about Frank Parker ?

Frank started with ACW, but as you know he is very a popular wrestler and is booked on many shows in and around Va, we've talked to him several times but as of yet we haven't been able to get his open dates to match our show dates, maybe next year we can see what we can do, and Thanks for your opinion.

ACW

Perhaps ACW management is scared that he would steal some of their spotlight?... Thus Amanda, look forward to the likes of Scotty Blaze, Eclipso, and other old out of shape has beens for 2008. ACW needs to bring back some of their better and much younger guys like Tank, Mike Williams, and Mike's former tag partner from 10 years ago. These guys got their start in ACW and ACW turned their back on them by holding them to the lower cards and job'n to lesser talent.

This is Mean Gean giving you the hard questions and tough answers.

Someone please wake Mean Gene up, he's dreaming again, anyone who follows ACW know that Mike Williams WAS the Universal Heavyweight Champion, duh I think that would be a push..... and the tag-team partner I think you're talking about would be Freddie Rich, and he along with Eclipso and Miss Kimberly as The Southern Wrecking Crew was the hottest tag-team around in any promotion as far as my opinion, Frank along with Roger Anderson wanted to wrestle everwhere they could for their quest to make it to the WWE, WHICH THEY DID in a dark match for Raw in Roanoke, Va., get your facts right next time Gene.

Thanks for the update… I’ll be sure to add your tidbits to my hotline.

However, I believe that you lost your creditability by saying that that you considered the “Southern Wrecking Crew” as the hottest tag-team around in any promotion at one time. I really enjoyed watching those red necks but I would never consider them to be great… That would be like saying that Fritz guy was a great TV champion…. But to each his own.

As for Mike Williams: Sure he held the “Universal” Title for a time. Let’s compare his reign to the Eclipso’s… I wouldn’t even consider Williams to have a “nudge” much less a push. Williams screams talent. ACW had no idea of what they had and if they did then they would have had much more Marks in attendance than their typical number of 50 which included the family members of wrestlers.

I was backstage at the Raw that you are in reference to. I remember seeing Anderson look like a wet doll when taking the Dooms Day Device from the LOD. He took it well and I thought they had a quick but nice showing. That representation in itself should have made these two dominate ACW in any and every appearance that they made (despite wrestling in WV or SWVA). My only message on this feeble site is that I think ACW is a great promotion… it just needs to some better marketing and decisions.

I think I’ll go back to sleep so that I can continue my dreams. I’m sure when I wake up then you will help me get my facts straight once again.

This is Mean Gean signing off. Thanks for allowing me to give you the hard questions and tough answers.

Sorry guys , i didn't mean to cause such a stir. I have always been a fan of "good wrestling" and in my opinion ACW was very very good at one time. I haven't attended any ACW shows for several years now. So i have no idea what kind of talent they have now. But i do miss the good ol days of ACW with guys like Frank and Roger Anderson. Speaking of those guys I do believe they had more than 1 WWE match. I remember seeing them wrestle the Road Warriors in Roanoke as well as the Hardy Boyz somewhere in TN. I also remember seeing Frank wrestle Mankind twice. Frank also wrestled for Smokey Mountain and TNA as well as doing tours of Mexico. Anyway , i would love to see ACW bring back the good ol days. Perhaps then i would start attending more shows.

The rumor i am hearing is that Frank has been stripped of the NAW title and is no longer wrestling for them. Any chance the powers that be in ACW might be interested in bringing in Frank ? Personally , i would pay any price to see Boris -vs- Frank.

ACW doesn't know the story behind Frank Parker as you may know since the other group has tried to come into our towns and confuse the fans into thinking they were ACW by running the school that we ran in, anyhow we haven't been what you say on speaking terms.
We have heard the same as you just rumors from Frank not even knowing he was booked for them to him being shorted on his pay from the last show, we heard he was wrestling in west va. that night.This concerns us as if they knew he was booked else where, why did they say on their message board he would be defending the title in the main event, also BabyDoll was in the newspaper that she would wrestle their women's champion in the main event and that match didn't happen either, and we're just hoping that all indy wrestling will get a bad name from them doing false ads, we do know that it states card subject to change....but should not give any promotion the right to change almost the whole card, you should do your best if possible to at the least have your main events or tell the fans before the event that you're not.
But as for your question we would love to have Frank work some events, Sgt. Nelson would love to work Frank or even Scotty Rocker for the title so he could get a break from Eclipso, Blaze, Steel, and Wentworth........really he could even use their help against these wrestlers, but all in all Frank is a very good wrestler and keeps himself busy working all over, so it really is up to Frank if he's interested in working for ACW, Scott Blaze has returned for awhile so maybe Frank would to.

Frank Parker is an incredible talent that does nothing but make the talent level on a show that much better.

I'd love to see Frank back in ACW. It has been MANY years since he has been there. Even longer than it was for me before my return.

Frank and I have had battles all up and down the east coast over the last 10+ years. Every time just as good if not better than the last.

Frank is indeed a one in a million talent and that is why he stays so busy as there are SO many promotions out there that want him to work for them.

Hopefully one day soon, I and the fans can see him in an ACW ring!

And HOPEFULLY, it will be me standing across from him!