ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Show

We've been asked by everyone when is our next show, for you who haven't heard, the state has added some new requirements to run wrestling shows,
this has been a major road block for many wrestling groups, we are trying to work though these and hope to be running shows sometime near the end of March or first of April, so please bear with us as we try our best to get things up and going, we miss all you fans as much as you miss us.

Re: Next Show

It looks like the first show will take place in May, we will be releasing more info on the dates and places as soon as they have been approved, hopefully in the next week or so, we think the fans will be happy with the places we will be running, so keep checking back for more info.

Thanks

ACW RETURNS to Rocky Mt. VA, May 3, 2008 at 8:15pm, however we have moved to the National Guard Armory, two reasons 1)because another wrestling group is using the High School trying to confuse the ACW fans and our sponsor "WE CARE" thought it would be best to move from there, 2) if we continued to use the High School at the rent price that they charged we would have to go up on the ticket prices and we want the fans to be able to afford good old school wrestling without any problems, we will have SPECIAL FAMILY PACKS this year, so watch for more details soon.

"ACW - WRESTLING LIKE IT USED TO BE - WRESTLING LIKE IT SHOULD BE"

may 3rd show

i am upset about the show that you are planning to run on may 3rd .. are you having a problem about new age wrestling run in your area.. or why would you run a show on the same date as boogie is running a show in shawsville.. why can't every body just work togetrher.. any questions call me at 1-540-314-6955 jeff (budman) norville....

As a matter of fact, we do have a problem with your group coming into Rocky Mt., a town we've been running in for almost two years and have built a good fan base, it's called Respect for the other group, we didn't come into Christiansburg when you were running it did we? However it seems things will change in the future after this.
As far as us running the same night as the Shawsville show that is over 50 miles from each other, are we not supposed to run a show just because you have one that night somewhere in Va.
If you really wanted to work together, you would have contacted us and we would have been glad to work some of your wrestlers on OUR card in Rocky Mt.
However this is not the place to discuss this on a message board, as far as any questions....we have none, you have showed us that you can't be trusted and you have no respect for the old school of wrestling, you really ARE NEWAGE, your fellow promoters have our number if you need to discuss this further, HOWEVER it seems to us you should have called and talked to us BEFORE this all when down,so please don't discuss this issue on our message board any further.

Thanks,
ACW Promotions

What really saddens me is the lack of respect in wrestling. It is everywhere and not just in Virginia.

As I have friends in both promotions, I will not disclose my name so as to not start any flame war. However, I think it is entirely unprofessional not to only go into an area that has already been established by ACW, but to go in and run in the exact same building. That is absolutley shamefull.

It is not unheard of that two or more promotions might run in the same city. But the city is usually large enough to accomidate it. Rocky Mount, sadly is not one of those cities.

ACW has worked hard to build that town up after wrestling hadn't been there in years. The other group is trying to come in and capatilize on the hard work, money and sweet of ACW. Not only that, but it disrespects the boys/talent that ACW has used to help build up that town.

And working together isn't going in on each others area and same building. That is the exact opposite of working together.

Now I am proud to say that I have worked for both promotions. I hope to work for both in the future, but there is no way that NAW is right in what they are doing in this situation.

I would be interested in hearing the argument in how they think they are. Not that they need to come in here and defend themselves, just that I don't think anyone could legitimately justify this move by them.

It seems that a "truce" so to speak has been broken. NAW always runs Christiansburg. ACW always runs Rocky Mount. They both have ran Roanoke and in the same building there no less. But neither of them have ran Roanoke in a regular basis so neither of them could lay claim to it in my eyes. So it seemed to work out for everyone.

But now with NAW making this move, well considering who their "mentor" is, it really is disapointing.

And having a show in the same night as the BWC show, well like it was stated, that is over 50 miles away from each other.

Budman, if you had more time around the business and actually travelled around the Mid-Atlantic area, you would know that this isn't uncommon at all.

It isn't like there is a show in Shawsville and Christiansburg on the same night or Rocky Mount and Boons Mill or even Roanoke or Salem.
Now that would be a bad move if that was the case, but it isn't.

I apologize to ACW for this post. Please feel free to delete it if you must. I just wanted to give my Point Of View as someone that has been in the business a decent amount of time and how I feel on the situation.

Thank you.