ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eclipso, Wright to fight to the 'death' as ACW returns Saturday

Eclipso, Wright to fight to the 'death' as ACW returns Saturday

By ANDY FLORA - Special to The Frankin News-Post

Mr. Jamie Wright will have to use every one of his Virginia fighting skills as he takes on "The Legendary Eclipso" in a Texas Death Match when American Championship Wrestling (ACW) returns to the Rocky Mount National Guard Armory Saturday, June 6.

Bell time is 8:15 p.m.
In a Texas Death Match wrestlers can wear anything, bring anything, and do anything. The only rule is there are no rules. There will be no disqualifications and a winner must be crowned.
Eclipso, a veteran of the ring, said he is very familiar with this match format.
"I have been in Texas Death Matches for decades and I have the scars to prove it. I know for a fact that this is that punk kid's (Wright) first ever Texas Death Match. He will suffer and I will still be the champ," Eclipso said.
Wright, who has pinned Eclipso many times these past months but has yet to win the title, said he is ready.
"I have walked down many of "bad streets" in Rocky Mount and had no problems. I have something extra special for Eclipso and he will have no defense for it. To all my peeps out there, there will be a new champion (Saturday)." Wright said.
One thing Wright will not have is manager Douglas J Wentworth III Esq. who will accompany Eclipso to the ring.
Since there can be no disqualifications, Wentworth can be involved in the match up as much as he wants. Once again for some reason, Wentworth has invited the mayor of Rocky Mount, Steve Angle, to show up Saturday and confront him at the Armory.
"Two tickets still wait for you at the door big time mayor of Rocky Mount," Wentworth said
To document this Texas Death Match, a television taping is planned for Saturday.
This taping could pave the way for future ACW events to be broadcast on local cable. Fans are encouraged to bring signs and dress up to support their favorite wrestlers.

In other matches:

"Team USA, Foxy Roxy and Scott Weddle, will put their Universal tag team belts on the line against a new ACW duo, the Bad Dogs. Team USA has been reigning champs for quite a while and will have to prepare in the blind for this new team.

"In a special demand match, Col. Spud Wade has challenged Universal television champion Hillbilly Helbert. Wade scored the pin fall against Helbert in the six-man tag match that headlined last month's event. "I will beat that redneck (Helbert) from Franklin County and take his championship. Also, I dare anyone in the Armory to chant "corn chip" during our match because if that happens I promise to cripple that hillbilly," Wade said recently.

"Sgt. Jim Nelson will once again challenge The Masked Mauler. During last month's event, both wrestlers were disqualified. Nelson kicked the referee during the encounter and was fined an undisclosed amount by the ACW commissioner because ACW bylaws state that if a wrestler physically comes in contact with the referee, a suspension or fine can result.
In a recent radio interview on WYTI in Rocky Mount, Nelson stated that he will unmask the Mauler, a feat that has never been done.

WYTI 1570 AM has started hosting a weekly ACW wrestling show on Wednesday night from 7:30-8:00 p.m..
The broadcast also can be heard online at www.wytiradio.com.

"Finally, Big Yella will take on Eddie Loco.
Yella was injured last month by an unknown assailant in the parking lot before the show. Yella said he thinks Loco had something to do with his injury and plans to return the favor to Loco.

Tickets can be purchased in advance for $6 at Pizza King, Jones Produce, and Misty Mountain Wares.

Prices the day of the event are $8 for adults and $6 for youth younger than 12 $6.00. Pre-school-age children are admitted free.