ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crossroads is the site for ACW's return

CROSSROADS -- American Championship Wrestling (ACW) returns to the Crossroads Ruritan Club for its annual "Brawl on the Ballfield' Saturday night.
Bell time is 6:30 p.m.

All of the ACW stars will be at the event, including Col. Spud Wade, who holds two championship belts.
Wade and Private Robbie Lynn captured the Universal tag-team titles from "American Made' -- Scott Weddle and Foxy Roxy -- at the June event at the Rocky Mount National Guard Armory.
Not only is "American Made' after the belts, but "The Ebony Express' -- Big Yella and Jamie Wright -- seeks a title opportunity.
"I know Jamie has been going after Eclipso's belt lately, but it is great to have him back to we can go after the tag-team belts,' Yella said during a recent training session at the Franklin County Family YMCA.
Also, Wade is the ACW Television champion and must defend that title against a number of challengers, including former champion Franklin County's own Hillbilly Helbert.

Wade defeated Helbert for the crown and Helbert has promised to recapture the belt the next time he gets Wade in the ring.
"I was at the Walmart the other day and I saw a big old bag of corn chips that reminded me of Wade,' Helbert said. "I took the corn chips, kicked and stomped the bag, ripped it apart and threw the chips all over the isle.
"That is what I am going to do to Wade the next time I get my hands on him,' Helbert said.

Wright still will continue to look for another title shot against ACW champion "The Legendary' Eclipso.
Eclipso defeated Wright in June at the armory in a "Texas Death' match.
During the bout, Eclipso reportedly suffered a slight tear of the anterior cruc iate ligament (ACL) when his leg got tangled up in the ropes.
Eclipso has not defended the title since that match.
Also, Eclipso's manager, Douglas J. Wentworth III Esq. reportedly suffered a slight concussion when he collided with Wright during the match.
That collision eventually led to Wright getting pinned."I know all of my fans in Franklin County are concerned about me. I appreciate all of the get-well cards I have received, but Wright will not get another shot at the belt -- ever,' Eclipso said.
It has yet to be determined if Eclipso will compete in Saturday's event, an ACW official said.
Wentworth, on the other hand, continues his campaign to get Rocky Mount Mayor Steve Angle to attend an ACW card."I know Crossroads is out of his jurisdiction, but he is still welcome,' Wentworth said. "I went to talk to him at his office, but I could not find the building. "If he shows up on Saturday, not only will I pay his way, I will also buy him a hot dog with everything and his favorite beverage,' Wentworth said.

The feud between Sgt. Jim Nelson and The Masked Mauler continues too. Nelson, a long-time mat veteran, defeated the Mauler by count out at the June event.

Other stars scheduled to appear are Ken Steel, Ace England, Scott lee, eddie Loco and Rolling Thunder.
Saturday's event is co-sponsored by the Crossroads Ruritan Club and We car of Franklin County.
The matches will be held outdoors, so fans are asked to bring their own chairs. In the event of rain, the matches will be moved into the Ruritan building.
Hot dogs, hamburgers and other concessions will be sold.

Advance tickets are available at Pizza King and Jones' Produce and can be purchased from any Ruritan Club member.
Also, wrestling fans are reminded to tune into the ACW radio show on WYTI 1570 AM Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.