ACW "The People's Words"

ACW welcomes all the fans ideas and comments on ACW or wrestling in general, Please keep it clean... We reserve the right to delete any post that is incorrect, untruthful or found to be offensive to anyone.

ACW "The People's Words"
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ACW and it's Wrestlers to pay tribute to Scott

American Championship Wrestling (ACW) returns to Rocky Mount at Samuel M Hawkins-Central Gymnasium on the campus of Franklin County High School for a special event to remember professional wrestling legend Sandy Scott.

Scott passed away last month after battling pancreatic cancer.

Bell time is 8:15 p.m.

ACW competitors will pay tribute to Scott, who starred in the old Mid-Atlantic territory and later relocated to Roanoke.

Also scheduled to attend the celebration of Scott's life are World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Hall of Famer Jimmy (Boogie Woogie Man)Valiant, Ric McCord, Don and Rocky Kernodle and wrestling broadcaster Rich Landrum, all of whom were part of the Mid-Atlantic territory in the 1970s and '80s.

Three championship bouts are at the top of the card.

In the main event, Sgt. Jim Nelson returns to the ring to challenge Col. Spud Wade for the ACW heavyweight championship.

Wade defeated "The Legendary" Eclipso last month to capture the title. "Eclipso promised Nelson a shot at the title but since I beat Eclipso, I do not understand why I have to give Nelson a shot,' Wade said. "I think someone in ACW has it out for me and when I find out who it is, somebody is going to the hospital," Wade said.

"I'm going to beat Wade and represent ACW like a true champion, just like Sandy would want it," Nelson said.

"In the second championship match, The Ebony Express (Mr. Jamie Wright and Big Yella) will be defending the ACW tag team belts against a new team that formed last month -- Eclipso and Scott Weddle.

Weddle was making his way to the ring last month to give The Express a hand against Eclipso's attack on Wright when to the crowd's surprise Weddle joined Eclipso in derailing The Express.
"I am still unsure why Scotty attacked Yella and me. Yella's back is all messed up from those shots from Eclipso's bat and my neck is not fully healed,' Wright said. "But the fans of the Ebony Express need not to worry because we will be there Saturday night to defend our belts," Wright said.

"In the third championship bout of the evening, new champion Pvt. Robbie Lynn will defend the ACW television belt against Hillbilly Helbert. Lynn also hopes to deliver some pay back for Sgt. Flo, who was cheated last month in his bout against Helbert.
"Everyone saw that hillbilly and referee Petty had it out for Sgt. Flo. The Sgt. has given me the order to seek and destroy Helbert and if that crooked ref gets in my way, I will give him a special delivery from Flo," Lynn said.

In other matches, Ken Steel, Scott Lee, and Sgt. Flo will take on Foxy Roxy, Ace England, and "Golden Boy" Tony Wright and Eddie Loco will take on Doink the Clown.

Other wrestlers scheduled to appearance Damien James, Rolling Thunder, and D-Mack.

All tickets for this event are $5.
Proceeds will go to the Scott family to help cover his medical expenses. Also, donations to the family are encouraged.

We Care of Franklin County sponsors ACW wrestling.

The Comfort Inn Rocky Mount, NICW, The Mid Atlantic Gateway online and Let's Party of Vinton are aiding in the Scott tribute.

Re: ACW and it's Wrestlers to pay tribute to Scott

He was one of the greats. He will be missed