Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday Night Quiz

Billy Connolly mentions a number of other bands in his Mojo piece shown on Pete's latest update. What is the Steve Harley connection with one of those other groups?

Derek

Re: Saturday Night Quiz

A quick reply with a guess when only a quick look at the update... wasn't it something to do with George Ford?

very interesting, if I had to guess would also be George/Emile Ford but the guess purely based on the name. Were they related? Emile Ford must have been at least 10 years older than George?
Somehow can't see to many links between Steve and The Incredible String Band!

Good update Pete!

Yes Wout, Emile Ford and George were half brothers. Emile Ford's real surname was Sweetnam and George and his brother Dave who played on some of the Checkmates hits were named as George and Dave Sweetnam-Ford

How about the age difference Karen, would they be about 10-15 years apart?

Correct!!

George Ford played on number one hits sixteen years apart. What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes at Me For? in 1959 (when, I think, he was 16) and "that song" in 1975.

When he died I think I am correct in saying that not one of the major UK music magazines printed any sort of obituary

Helpful Derek

PS (For Wout)

Emile Ford (who is alive and going strong) was born in 1937 which makes him five or six years older than George Ford.

Helpful Derek