Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Between The Lines

The latest update on Harleyfanzone refers to the fantastic 'Between The Lines' film. It's something I'd love to see released on dvd. I know it's been bought up time and time again, but I can't help it, because it's an important bit of musical history that I would like to live over and over again (instead of watching grainy chewed up VHS conversion).

If I remember correctly, the official line was that they didn't know who had the film/rights to the film?

Re: Between The Lines

Totally agree Peter.It's a great record of Cockney Rebel Mark 2 performing at their very best and deserves a dvd release.Combining both BTL and Starfighter gives you a near complete concert.... with the exception of Death Trip.Maybe it's on a cutting room floor somewhere?? Does seem criminal that a live 1970's version of Death Trip never made it on to any video,film or DVD.

I understand, perhaps incorrectly, that Mick Rock owns the rights to that film.

Steve is still his mate so ........ who knows?

Even a limited "fan club only" release would make them both a few bob.

Oh .... hang on ..... there is no fan club!! Where is Graham E when you need him?

(For those cynics out there .... that is irony, not sarcasm. Graham (who is thankfully back on "the scene") is a very good friend of mine)

Derek

I bought the film in 1980 from EMI at that time. There was nothing more and the lady said to me there where no left overs. Actually there where 3 parts, part I Between the lines, Part II (a cut from between the lines) and part III The starfighter.
Later I received the radiospecial, Rock around the World which contains also Hideaway and Tumbling Down.

Yes indeed, this IS legendary!! But wasn't the TF-tour and the LIAPD tour not also?

Actually you need to have it as a 3-part (or how do you call this in English). Together in one book seperate but together. Than the CR Mark II years would be complete.

So steve, if you read this, another good idea from Hans.

Best regards to you all...

I guess the name of the second part was starrider, not starfighter...

It was broadcast on Swedish national TV in late 1976. I was just 13 and happened to see it, and was so amazed that I had to find a Cockney Rebel LP. I bought "A Closer Look" and have been a huge fan eversince.