Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5 Cd Box Set

It'll be good to have Lay Me Down on Cd :-)

Re: 5 Cd Box Set

So you are willing to pay all that money to have one song on CD? What about all the other BBC stuff that could have been included? It is embarrassingly unadventurous. I already have everything that is included in the package on CD thou so I will not be investing. A pity. Somebody has missed a trick here

Well I for one will be buying it. Despite having all the tracks on it, some on cassette tape obviously, which I had converted to cd, I would still love to have these cd's for 'official' 'better sounding' (I hope) versions of Lay Me Down and Hidaway.

Reminds me I still have quite a few rare/obscure items still not up on my discography. I must get to it soon.

John,
what's the other BBC stuff that could have been included from 73-77?

John
So you are willing to pay all that money to have one song on CD? What about all the other BBC stuff that could have been included? It is embarrassingly unadventurous. I already have everything that is included in the package on CD thou so I will not be investing. A pity. Somebody has missed a trick here

Dam right I'll buy it ! I was bought A Closer look back in the 70's ! and at the time I wondered why ? but looking back It was part of my life, so glad I still have it. I spose its a bit like collecting sea shells, you pick one up and think its just like the one you just thew away, but realise its different from all the rest cant bare to part with it , and then you spi another one , just a little bit bigger or smaller, darker , lighter, and you end up with a huge collection , that nobodys else who walked down the beach with you are interested in really , coz they didnt discover them, but they have there own treasures they picked up along the way, I would never not want to add to my treasures, my bag of shells maybe from a different beach from yours , and you may of got bored with looking at the same old shells, but step across the stones and reach down into the rock pool, see there, they look the same shape and size ! maybe a little older , but their is still something speacial about finding and picking them up. if you find the biggest one and put it to your ear you can hear the sea ! now how fantastic is that, oh yes ! I'll never tire of collecting my Harley tunes .they will be around till the end of time, stay in my life , just as the shells on the beach will wash up from the sea and continue to fasinate children till the end of time.

You have a fantastic way with words deborah,I too will be buying it,just for more or less the same reasons as you,and possibly for the artwork and any booklet that will be with it.

Deborah,great posting..but can you play sea shells on a cd player!! ..if anyone can you can! stay your way!..love your postings!

good set of postings, i will no doubt buy the set and slip it passed the cd police. Putting up the the teasing of how many copies of 'THAT' song do you have Now?

I will buy the 5 box cd, of course I will, Im a fan and a collector of all things Harley But hey what I realy wanted was the live set from last year the set steve himself said would be well worth the wait and lavishly packaged to make up for the long wait, that was back in january and now it seems that that has had to make way for this EMI release, Its a shame but maybe one day a lesser label will get to release the stuff us fans realy want.

5 CD and lay me down? Have I missed something?