Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upsetting The Official Fan Forum.

Oops, I dared express an opinion on the official page about the t-shirt for Birmingham.
They don't like any dissent of any kind on there, do they ?

Best not suggest that Steve should rework 'Ich Bin Gott' to 'Ich Bin Allah' I suppose ?

Re: Upsetting The Official Fan Forum.

I'm dissapointed too Ian, I don't like the T-shirt design. But the artwork for Cavaliers? Yes, That's pretty cool.

The t-shirt is a bit disappointing and as is mentioned just a photo from late 1974 when the original band had already split up. Why not use an earlier photo from the Human Menagerie/Psychomodo tours? A little more thought could have gone into it.

actually I think a lot of thought went into it !
you've already worked it out! you just dont get it

I like the T shirt and have ordered one, maybe we are trying to over think this.

I have to say I really like the T-shirt. And I'm pleased to read you've already ordered your's Phil. Great to know they do cater for all sizes!

You're right, Debs !

What can i say about fashion, I'm just a bloke.

just blown your birthday present Furry.

Hi all. I hope you don't mind if I have a little say on the T shirt debate, as Steve's graphic designer, and more importantly as a fan.

I'm really sorry if some of you don't like the design, and really pleased for those of you who do like it. Any visual design is subjective of course, so not everyone is going to like it (even though I'd be thrilled if you all did!).

You might be interested to know that many designs were visualised, all very different. The final decision was for a restrained, very simple, almost understated layout to reflect the classy nature of the evening and the event.

As regards the image, well there are very few images available from that period that are of sufficient quality (technically) for high resolution print artwork. I think the one we've selected is a fantastic image of Steve looking wonderfully mean and moody that represents the era perfectly, but I accept that it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, the main point was to assure you that a lot of thought, time, hard work and professional skill goes into the work produced for Steve, and there is always a strong rationale/reason behind the finished material. That doesn't mean everyone will like the end result of course (and I certainly don't mind hearing opinions good or bad) but the effort is certainly there for you.

Yours in friendship, and see you in Brum :)

I bought one Mark

Peter will relent and buy one in Birmingham!!

I'll buy one, too Mark.

As the instigator of the debate, I'll reitterate, I didn't mean to offend anyone but I feel that the t-shirt could have been iconic, something that would stand out, something that would have people who aren't fans seeing it and asking about Steve.

I've had conversations instigated by my Harley t-shirts over many years, people who didn't realise that Steve was still performing and have bought albums and gig tickets because of seeing my t-shirts and getting chatting about the man we all admire so much.

Hope this clarifies things, and see you in Brum.

Thank you Mark. if I'd known it was you who'd designed it...

No seriously, thanks for taking the time to post, and for the explanation. I'm definitely in the minority having expressed my too blunt opinion of 'I don't like it', without an explanation as to why. For me the shirt design is too feminine, so personally, I couldn't see myself wearing it. My opinion was soley based on that. I do appreciate a lot of thought and effort has gone into the design, which I have no doubt will be a big seller.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I hope you'll find the event programme a good keepsake, and fitting for the event. It's being worked on now, and is looking just dandy.

Anyway, all comment and opinion is good - except when it comes to voting in Ray's song poll. There, 'Nothing Is Sacred' must be number one - no arguments!!!