Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Birmingham

Sorry to go over old topics if this has already been discussed, (I haven't been keeping up with Harley things lately), but as one who's not going to the Birmingham gig (though I'd love to), do you think there's a chance it will be released on DVD / BlueRay?

Re: Birmingham

Hey Mr Magnet Man ..... glad to see that you are still around

I suspect that there may be a DVD but how are they going to edit the cries of "Go on Stevie boy" and the like?

Somebody is organising a "pre-concert party" at a pub by the venue, commencing at 2 o'clock. If the band are on stage at 8 pm and this follows six hours solid drinking for quite a number of fans, can they really expect a sedate audience listening quietly to the music so that it can be recorded for DVD release? Personally I hope that they can (I am taping my mouth up for the duration of the performance) but if a noisy mob get in there (let's face it, that is all part of the Harley experience and ever was, even back in the 70's) then a DVD recording may not be considered appropriate. Unless they record the sound through the mixing desk and edit in polite applause but that might not sound too good with a full orchestra and choir.

The vibes on the official site would appear to suggest that the show will not be a one-off though. There are mentions of further performances next year in the likes of Manchester, Liverpool and (for those of you who do not think life exists outside of the capital) London. So all hope is not lost .........

I was at the Birmingham Symphony Hall on Saturday to see Ray Davies. I was sitting immediately in front of the sound desk and the acoustics were magnificent. It will be a little disappointing on 24th November, I feel, for people sitting in the very front rows (AA,BB,CC) as their seats are positioned behind the main speakers and the sound will possibly be inferior. A techo might tell me different. I suspect that the seats in question were not in the original design and that row A used to be at the front. When they added the extra rows they ignored the fact that they were placed behind the speakers. Thankfully I am seated a little further back.

Mike

Re: Birmingham

Thanks Mike - I'm loving the sound of possible further gigs in the new year. Next year will be the 40th anniversary of T.H.M release as well so it would be quite apt to do some more of the same next year.
And you might not believe this, but just minutes before reading your reply I had to get my passport out and you instantly came to mind. I cannot look at that photo without being reminded of the insulting and quite frankly, hurtful remarks you made about it. The mere mention of an iron filing throws me into a deep depression! Thankfully it has to be renewed in 2014 at which point I shall go to a pro photographer and have a real stunner taken. You mark my words!
Enjoy Birmingham though and I do hope we meet up again in the new year. It's been far too long!
All the best my friend,
Kev