Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selling tickets

the prices that the birmingham tickets are going for is getting higher the latest two tickets which are not the greatest are at £225 with 40 minutes to go, how much would you accept for yours? if they continue rising then i might have to give it serious consideration

Re: Selling tickets

I wouldn't sell my Birmingham tickets full stop Shaun. Not unless I had another pair lined up! ;)

Jokes aside, I think a ticket for any event should not be allowed to be sold for more than face value + booking charges paid (and booking chages could start a whole new thread). There should be a law against it.

I remember my Cream Albert Hall tickets. I could have made a thousand for the pair, and it was so tempting, but I really wanted to see the band, so I chose the experience. Money isn't everything.

They eventually went for £311, as i said its tempting i didnt say i wanted to sell, however that would pay the deposit for next years holiday but i will miss the best concert ever and regret it for the rest of my life.

I dont agree that tickets should be sold for face value only the tickets were on sale for quite a while so everyone had an opportunity to buy them, supply and demand im afraid

What about tickets for the big shows that will sell out instantly, where touts buy in bulk, and make vast profits? Do you agree with that? People/touts who buy six to eight tickets (or the max permitted) on ticketmaster for example, times that by several accounts and credit cards with different addresses, only to resell them for double or triple the price on ticketmasters partner site 'get me in'? Or viagogo? Or Ebay? etc etc. I think it's plain wrong.

Yes, I reckon Birmingham is going to be a classic Shaun

Honestly no i dont agree with ticket touts but i dont think thats happening with this concert, all i can say is it is tempting but in all honesty i cant see me selling.

Really i just wanted to see what limit others might consider before selling

I might have the wrong end of the stick here but I *think* that Ticketmaster tried to get the government to make it illegal to re-sell tickets at more than face value and their pleas were rejected out of hand (the Labour government, I would add, before Ian, Graeme et al go off on a rant). As a result Ticketmaster started up "Get Me In" to vie with Viagogo, Ebay and the other unofficial outlets.

What is to stop people who work for the ticket companies making a fortune by selling tickets for the obvious sell-out concerts to their mates in bulk and sharing in the profits?

Also, Ticketmaster have surely realised that they can keep some tickets back and make more money for themselves via the "Get Me In" vehicle?

Booking fees, another subject, are a complete rip off. I bought two tickets last week for a Harley acoustic show at a face value of £45. Total cost was £58 or thereabouts ...... a 28% increase.

Iniquitous is the word I think I am looking for .......

Mike

Iniquitous? What a lovely word. I had to look it up of course (I didn't have the grammer school education that our Mike had you understand), but a very attractive word all the same.
Note to self - Try to work the word 'Iniquitous' into a conversation somehow tomorrow without it sounding out of place amongst my trite vocabulary!

Me ? Rant, Mr Johnston ?

How VERY dare you ?

My only dealing with touts was getting a Roxy Music ticket in 1979 from that Flashman, the infamous tout, for half face value. I knew what time they were coming on and waited until 5 mins before and he sold to cut his losses. I suppose he'd made cash that night anyway