Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOT LONG NOW

Hello peeps  Deborah has Flu! So I’ve been sat in bed 2 days now catching up on all things Harley :-)

Being totally bored I went to my favourite place on here the 73-75 reveiws and clippings.

I did smile whilst reading Austin John Marshalls review in the 1973 NME's 20th Octobers issue.
He described A rainy Saturday back in 73 in a bleak brick building that was Readings Teachers training Collage, where Cockney Rebel had their first head lining Gig :-)
yay ! at the Teachers Training Collage in the Theatre lecture's Hall.

Human Menagerie was their debut Album due to be released early the following month, November.

I then realised “oh my god “ this November 2012 ( NOT LONG NOW  ) we will all be sat in a Hall with that very first Album being played out in such a style , that one could only dream of, way back then.

I wonder if any of them trainee teachers that where in that hall will be at Birmingham. I’m sure there must be!

I’d have to wait 6 month before Cockney Rebel came to St Albans. I hadn’t even heard of them till Judy teen hit the air waves.

I can still remember picking up my copy of June 29th 1974 NMEs in my Mum n Dads shop and reading about the gig in Dunstable and so wished I’d known that they had been staying at the Esso Hotel in Dunstable befor hand . Where they did the interview, (I’d defiantly of bunked of school)

Richard Amos was their tour manager way back then, and John Crocker said whilst lunching at the Esso Hotel , the audience didn’t really appreciate his input, he said nothing excited him about the audience ! (His girlfriend was present! glaring apparently lol ) he said " even if they were going mad, they wasn’t going mad at anything he did ! “
Ha if only he knew? That violin was always special!

Anyway! seeing’s all my scrap books where all demoted from the loft to the shed ( without my knowledge ) to make way for more rooms ( we had a loft conversion ) for more babies back in 89-90.
resulting in my priceless treasure’s ( all my Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel press and magazine cuttings and fan club stuff )left to the perils of mice and mould ! Huh! Not of MICE N MEN!
I still get the right hump, even now :-(
But :-) I’m happy to come here and see all that I treasured and lost to the depths of the garden shed still survive here :-) for all to recall.

It makes a miserable day quite nice after all.

love it

Thanks Pete and everyone who shared their stuff here its amazing what you remember and what you never forget

Re: NOT LONG NOW

Great post Debs! What price those Scrapbook's now eh?

Re: NOT LONG NOW

Priceless ! that's what they were to me stu .
PRICELESS. :-(