Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ian's post sparked a couple of ?

Reading Ian's reply to an earlier post saying that he's seen a lot of great bands, but sadly never got to see Kate Bush, got me wondering.

Who did you never get to see - but really wish you had?
And, who DID you see - but really wish you hadn't?

For me I would loved to have seen Bowie & Bush in the 70's.

As for the other, I REALLY wish I hadn't seen David Sylvian in about 2002 (Sorry Keithy Baby but it was utter trash)

Re: Ian's post sparked a couple of ?

I never got to see Rory Gallagher live. He was playing a solo acoustic set in a pub down the road 'not long' before he died, and I forgot to go.... I have regretted not seeing him ever since. He is my all time favourite guitarist, such passion, and a joy to watch. I love all his albums. He never made a bad one imho. A legend.

I wish I hadn't bothered with Def Leppard on the Hysteria tour. Rubbish!

Bob Dylan on the 'Temples In Flame Tour' with Tom Petty. I thought the Tom Petty set was average, but Bob Dylan then played for no more than 50mins, and was dire. I felt cheated. I've not bothered with Dylan live since.

Van Morrison, who played one song, made his excuses, and left was another bad experience. We got our money back, but again, I/we haven't bothered with his live performances since. Sorry Keithy baby.

Apart from Kate, the one band I regret not seeing is Talking Heads.

I've been lucky enough to see almost everyone that I wanted to, and out of hundreds of gigs, I can count on the fingers of one hand the ones that were truly dire.

UFO, The Teardrop Explodes and Gary Numan come to mind as the really bad ones, but the worst ever was Genesis in 1980. What a load of pretentious, boring 5hite that was..

I fully expect Brum to be one of the greatest ever, I haven't been so excited about a gig for many years.

Cat Stevens in the 70's would be my regret along with not seeing the original Cockney Rebel line up.

I regret not seeing Sweet in their heyday and how I would have loved to see The Kinks in the 1960's

I saw Slade in the Liverpool Empire after Don Powell returned following his car crash and they were awful. Heavily distorted and so loud that they made your ears bleed (I spent most of the gig in the bar).

The most disappointment I have ever felt after eagerly anticipating a gig was seeing David Bowie at the Isle Of Wight festival in 2004. He came across as one big pretentious asshole and his whole set was pants. I have seen much better Bowie tribute acts.

Sorry Keithy baby (can you see the theme here?) ..... oh, and sorry to Chubbychops too.

Mike

PS Ian ..... I saw Genesis, with Peter Gabriel, do the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and that was DIRE!!!

I will post on Keithy baby's behalf,He regrets not seeing Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel in any shape or form.

Genesis? Don't start me on Genesis. Possibly the best company ever, at the worst gig ever. Period. But please don't tell my wife.

Yep, I agree - Sweet and Talking Heads would have been great to see.
But tell us about Genesis Pete. I know you asked us not to get you started but .............