Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Young, Feisty and Fearless

Yes, my Cavaliers cd has arrived. Disc 3 is a real gem. Happy daze.

Re: Young, Feisty and Fearless

Cavaliers Disc 3 is indeed the highlight of this package. Just love all the talking that was recorded and one of my all time favs "Mirror Freak" is almost a different song .... and I love it!
But you've got to laugh. I defy anyone to be able to listen to the introduction of "Rock and Roll Parade" (early version on disc 3) and not see the characters of Trumpton or Camberwick Green in their mind's eye.
And I have to concur with Pete, this is an absolute gem and definitely a must for those who simply love that real, real early Cockney Rebel. For me, that was when they were Sooooo exciting!

I agree with Kev,Mirror Freak really sounds like a different song and dare I say it I prefer the treatment to The Human Menagerie released version.Great to have everything together in one place and disc 3 really is very special.What songs and what great players.Those early versions are just a little bit special! perhaps even better than we could have imagined? Hats off to Steve,Paul,Stuart,Milton,Jean-Paul and Pete? was he on the early version of Judy Teen? A great treat to hear these magical recordings after all these years!

After a couple more listens Stewart, dare I also say it? I think I prefer this version of Mirror Freak as well.

I hope this posting isn't now for being overtly controversial.

"Oh just believe in yourself and take a tip from the elf .........."

Oh my lordly lord! The Anthology 73-74 “Cavaliers “
It’s arrived J
Took its time!
(I know long story, don’t ask! It involves registered bank cards that were out of date and email accounts that were unable to access
BUT Ever the techno me J )
Amazon sorted me out!

I only re ordered it yesterday and amazed to day I have and to hold J

Sat here savouring disc 3
(The one disc I knew I couldn’t wait to take out and feast on first, as soon as it dropped on the door mat)

Such a wonderful treat for all of us! Stunning

I can just see the smiles on faces all over the world as they (the children of the resolution) sit down and feast on this.

Oh my God! Times stood still, this 60’s child, (this shot gun baby) this 70’s Rebel Is back at 20 Pickford Hill, of Harpenden Hertfordshire in a poster clad bedroom with sleeve notes searching for any clues as to how!

Sebastian on Disc 4 is Haunting

(If this is love! You’ve got to give me more J )

Sheer Magic!

After all these years

Fascinating.

And Next!

The Symphony Hall