Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"The Golden Ticket"

I am posting on this site because it would get pulled on the offical site.
Just because i live quite close to Birmingham so therefore didnt need or want to stay at the Jurys inn does that make me any less of a Harley Fan? So just because 5% of those attended the gig stayed at the jurys does that make them special?
Why have they been treated differently?
I object to the special treatment handed out to some "special" fans while the rest of us seem to be treated with distain, in the end i ended up spending just as much as anyone else to attend this gig, and before anyone starts shouting in support of the overseas fans, its their choice to attend, so why were a special few able to meet Steve after the show as well?
Yet again as a life long devote Harley fan i feel that others have privilages bestowed on them them the many other devote fans can only dream of, WHY??????????????

Re: "The Golden Ticket"

To be fair Shaun, a few of us didnt stay at The Jury,s either. We just turned up for a few drinks and a giggle, but everyone in the room received an envelope. Everyone was treated as an equal. Jim, i believe , organised it, and Steve offered to give something back to a gaggle of fans who were all in one place at the same time ..... a nice gesture i thought .

I did try and gain entry to the Jurys but was refused entry as i didnt book a room,but even if i got an envelope what about all the other fans who attended the gig?
There is definately preference shown to a minority and i would like to know why?
For the record i booked an executive double in a counrty house hotel with breakfast included for £65 thats why i didnt book a room for £120 with no breakfast at the jurys booked through Jimbo..... And everyone is thanking him??

Hi Shaun,

I believe it was an open invitation for everyone who wanted to meet up after the show at jury's, not just the people who were staying there. It was also pointed out to those who were not staying there, that thery would need to be there before 11pm, otherwise they would not get in. A lot of people who were not staying at the hotel gained entry.

It was a fantastic gesture by Mr Harley to give out those hand signed flyers.

And Jimbo does deserve credit for trying to get all people in one place to meet up after the show. I for one am grateful.

C'mon Shaun... nobody was treated differently. It only happened because Jim Pirie kindly organised the stay/meet up at Jury's thing and as far as I know organised the flyers with Steve Harley. That's why it happened. No favours... just a nice bit of organisation by Jim. It's no big deal... is it? PS It was £118 for a double/twin room with breakfast. Expensive? Yes, but everyone knew the price and no one was forced to stay there.

Shaun, get over it mate, it was a kind GESTURE!, by Steve for god's sake, not a pre-arranged package deal that came with the concert ticket.
How do you think we feel knowing you were lording it up in a country manor somewhere on £65 a night (must've been executive accomodation at that price?) when we'd shelled out the best part of 120 spondos for a room nearer mars than the ground floor and flat stella at 4 quid a pint.....I for one am gutted that you didn't let everyone know one about your super deal, otherwise we could have all come and stayed with you.
Ever heard of the saying, 'you pays your money. you takes your choice'...well if the signed flyer is the deal clincher for you, why not contact Jim and ask if you can have one of the spares he's got, sure he'd love to oblige.

None of you get it, forget where i stayed and the price, what about the other 1900 people who attended? Just because they didnt stay in the jurys or realised they had to be there before 11pm?
Have you noticed that all of you were in the click, no wonder you dont see a problem..... says it all

What should have happened then? How would you have done it?

Okay Shaun .... calm down wouldya?

Pure and simple .... if you had wanted a flyer then you could have gone to Jury's at the STATED time of BEFORE 11 pm and received one. So could anybody else out of the 2,200 who attended the show if they had bothered to read the website.

This is not, and never has been, a click (sic). I think you mean "clique". I have never come across a more welcoming bunch of people.

It is not Jim Pirie's fault that you did not get a flyer and it is certainly not Steve's fault either. It is your own fault. Like I said, pure and simple. Anybody could have had one. Jim still has thirty to give away so why don't you, as has been suggested, send Jim a pleasant email and ask if he would mind posting one off to you. I am sure that it will not be a problem.

Steve made a magnificent gesture ( I don't know many artistes who would have taken the time and trouble to sign 150 flyers for distribution amongst fans free of charge) and you are turning it into something evil.

And the breakfast in Jury's was very nice indeed, especially the black pudding

As a matter of interest, your initial posting says that you live near Birmingham so you had no need to stay overnight at Jury's. If that is the case, why did you book alternative accommodation? Just curious, that's all.

Derek

Was there a shoot on Sunday morning at your country retreat Shaun, or maybe a spot of flyer-fishing?

I turned up and was'nt even invited,the trick was finding the password at the door,room 708.

ffs i thought id come to have a look at this site a new friend told me about its fun on here mate youll love it we have a laugh well no one told me about the moaners get over it i was at jurys i got a flyer in fact we got two lucky me well us it was a great gesture from steve and a nice thing for jim to do all you can do is moan did you enjoy the night the gig the whole experience i did and a peice of paper at the end of it made no differance i went to see a master at work no for a signed flyer

FFS? Another insider!

Sadly due to work commitment and a very wasted work commitment I could not go to Birmingham so looked on with anticipation to what everyone had to say. So far the reports have been great and I am pleased for you and also a little jealous. Well a lot actually. But I have also been disappointed by the use of the term insider, clique in your posting shaun. I have been visiting this site for many years and over that period of time I have made friends and I have also pi55ed off a lot of people. But one thing I can say is that there is no clique, there Is no insider group. What you have is a large number of people who have been friends for a long period of time. They have one thing in common their love for Harleys music. This friendship was not developed over night, they worked at it, they have made an effort. And I am sure that if you made the effort they would respond positively.

You only get out of life what you are prepared to put in, make an effort and I am sure that you will enjoy their company at many shows to come.

Well said Phil.

Shaun
FFS? Another insider!

So Shaun, I asked you a direct question and you ignored it. What would you have done instead? Please inform us with your enlightened opinion.

To ignore a genuine and earnest question does nothing to support your point.

It just smells of sour grapes and jealousy.

Please help the rest of us to understand your point of view.

You complain, ignore responses, and just post "Another insider". How are we to take you seriously?

FFS sake, if you are going to make a point, follow it through!

Bert

So every single ticket was originally sold before any publicity beyond what was published on the official website.

The Jury's Inn event was publicised nowhere else but the official website.

How has any single ticket holder been discriminated against?

Answers please Shaun.

Good to see you posting John & Rox,dont let the moaning bleeder put you off mate from posting.

i wont mate f**k wits like that dont put me of lol but to be called an insider makes me laugh first time ive ever met any of the harley gang from the website and it was a pleasure to meat them all yourself included mate

Set the bait....and watch them bite!!