Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Northern College of Music - the 'White,White Dooove'

Who was that mystery man coo cooing 'White,White Dooove' to Mr Harley's question "What was 'Throw your soul down here' the B side of"? Trust me,your secret's safe with me Mr Griffin.Doh! Great packed out acoustic gig tonight at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester with what must have been the 1st ever live performance of the above mentioned 'Throw your soul down here'. It sounded great. Totally different gig to the Birmingham Symphony Hall extravaganza, but every bit as enjoyable. Never the same twice. Wonderful! Good to meet up again so soon after Brum with so many members of the jolly crew of the good ship Cocky Rabble.

Re: Royal Northern College of Music - the 'White,White Dooove'

Well said Graeme, summed it up brilliantly, and who else would know where 'Throw Your Soul Down Here' originated from......good job the chief archivist was in the audience tonight, well done to popmaster Stew Griffin!
In all the years I've followed Steve Harley, tonight's concert at the RNCM in Manchester has to be top of the pile for setlist quality, it was an unbelievable selection of songs.
Interestingly enough, one of the loudest cheers of the night was for one of Steve's more recent songs...'Stranger Comes To Town'. says it all really, the man just gets better and better as time goes on. And as for Barry Wickens and James Lascalles....they are both astoundingly good musicians in every respect. A wonderful evening, and unless anyone finds they have a spare ticket for Pocklington, it was my last gig of 2012, but what a way to finish!

What a fantastic night, and possibly my favourite Harley acoustic gig ever! A selist to die for, and performed to almost perfection.

Getting late, and time for bed. Too many people I know to mention, but nice to see you all again! Billy and Cat where did you go? Graeme, 'lets avoid the camera' finally caught... but no bloody cardigan! Oh, and Lesley you're an ace with the camera.

Excellant show,was'nt arsed about going with one thing and another but can honestly say was a crackin gig,started with Red Is A Mean Mean Colour which puts you in the mood,All The Men Are Hungry which is a classic,Love Compares With You was another not heard for a while,when Riding The Waves struck up i thought i would catch up on my sleep and get half an hours kip but it sounded fresh,Throw Your Soul and James playing on Sebastian high points,Make Me Smile seemed lightweight.funny watching people waddle down to the front pulling their Bristols and Girdle's up.yes Blakey give it a rest mate,you too old for that dancing lark,laughed my goolies off,hope to be singing Oh Dear Look What We Done To The Blues on Sunday afternoon when the mighty MUFC go to the Emtihad Stadium to turn the Towelheads over,thinking Best Years and Timeless Flight in their original formats might be on the agenda for a tour,really thought Make Me Smile was the weakest song on the set,i know it's their for good but maybe he could stick in the middle so i can go for a piss which Riding The Waves was good for,good crowd considering not advertised a lot.

Great show last night.A real treat to hear that long lost B side. Always a pleasure to meet up with fellow fans.......

Love the posting Paul. You go off on so many unexpected and off the wall tangents I get dizzy just reading it

Could be the drink that Graeme,thank you for your kind posting,i was only remarking to Lesley what a thoroughly nice chap you are but was met with a stony silence.

Stranger comes to town just keeps getting better & better, doesn't it? When I first heard it I thought it would be superb live and it sure is. When we saw the trio In Belgium recently I felt it was the highlight of the show (with Coast of Amalfi) and as you say Phil, as good a proof as any that his songwriting is as good as ever as they are the title tracks of his last 2 albums (well more or less)! Looking forward to Thursday!

And hey Mike J, I got it right!

Bloody hell Paul, you didn't gag her again did you?