Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fan-flippin'-dabby-dozy ....

..... that's what I think of Bowie's new single!

Re: Fan-flippin'-dabby-dozy ....

A great song, and fantastic video. A big thumbs up from me.

There is so much hype on Facebook about this new single I took time out to have a look and listen. I think Kev's beard is interfering with his hearing.

Pretentious, tuneless, repetitive, self-indulgent tripe if you ask me.

Ebenezer
There is so much hype on Facebook about this new single I took time out to have a look and listen. I think Kev's beard is interfering with his hearing.

Pretentious, tuneless, repetitive, self-indulgent tripe if you ask me.

I think there's always a danger when being bombarded with hype regarding any piece of artwork (be it painting, sculpture, film or music). There's quite often an in-built reluctance in all of us to be swept up in the whole furore of things, allowing ourselves to praise something along with the rest of the crowd. Sometimes hype from the masses has a tendency to blur our true opinion because there's always a part of us that refuses to be told what is laudable and what is not. Perhaps this stems from our childhood when we're told what we can and cannot do?
But all that aside, it's always going to be very subjective of course and if you don't rate it very highly Ebenezer, who am I to tell you that you should? All I can say is that I only heard a brief mention of it on the radio and Googled it. I had no idea everyone was raving about it and so I guess I was able to listen to it with totally un-hyped ears? And I love it!
PS. I don't think my beard is interfering with my hearing yet but I am having to trim inside my ears more lately so perhaps that has something to do with it?

well put my furry friend. Like it or loathe it, I think its just good to hear something new from Bowie.

"Pretentious, tuneless, repetitive, self-indulgent tripe if you ask me."

LOL. Nice one! You are entilted to your opinion.

I believe, having heard what Mr Visconti (the producer) has said, that the album is 'rockier' than the single that has been released, and that he thought it was a strange choice. Hype? I didn't know there was any. I just liked what I heard, and the video was interesting.

I won't buying the single though, I'll wait until the album comes out.

His last album Reality was class.

I think I'll be holding out for the album as well.
But I have to say, at the risk of being put in my place again, I've listened to this single twice more today and it just gets better with each listen. It's so full of sad, retrospective imagery from a man who's lived an amazing life and shown the world how to be the ultimate pop star... absolutely beautiful. And I really think given time it will be considered a classic Bowie single.
Just hoping he tours now. I've never seen him live but would so love to. Just once!

PS. If you haven't seen this clip from "Live By Request" before, I think it's worth a quick look. Priceless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unuo-fdhbXs

Quite like the Bowie single not as good though as No Bleeding Hearts which I heard today for the first time in quite a while.Moody,deep and just a little bit good!