Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great song!

I don't know why but the song "Northern Sky" by Nick Drake moves me so much whenever I hear it. I thought that reaction would wear off in time but it never does (thankfully). Sometimes it will come on the radio or you'll hear it used in the background of some TV prog, but as soon as those opening bars begin, it stops me in my tracks and has me transfixed. All three of his albums are great but that one song just has something magical about it. I've just watched his documentary "A skin too few" for the umpteenth time and when they play that song at the end it just grips you. What a wonderful songwriter he was!

Re: Great song!

Ah! So that’s what you’ve been listening to whilst you sat there and took yourself a rest is it?

Seven leaves left is the only Album of Nick Drakes I own :-(
(Mr Johnston once explained the title of the Album to me )
Well I never did!!! Really?

Oh my lord! Look at the time. It’s 5.30 am

Time has told me ( that sometimes we can be ) Too Blue , ( when the ) Day is Done !
3 tracks that come to mind!
Love his stories with his soft voice and beautiful guitar playing.

So! Kev, you Crazy Raver have you had your self-enough rest yet ?
Coz
Lazy stage star! If ya wanna be a raver ?
You know ya gotta make it all happen again!
Coz you
gotta come and meet me (us) in some far out place! (Well Covent Garden will do again)
But don’t for get
You gotta look so shady :-)
Coz us Harley fans, go together like water and sand :-)
we’ll always be seen together walking hand in hand
coz some have got nothing else to do! But Romance!
Coz we’re all Crazy Ravers!

Which reminds me? Where’s that Mr Caloran? Calaron? Oh you know! One of my favourite crazy ravers, Paul " where ya been" ?(and don’t tell me no lies! I’ve been inside your head ! at least 3 times :-) )
3 times ? ( and the rest )

Where’s my rock? The one who always picks me up when I’m flat on the floor and who always makes me smile :-)
Have you lost your phone? Or had it stolen? It happens!

Oop’s thats it ! me battery just died! Sign I should be asleep! Sweet dreams crazy ravers.

Time has Told Me ( Nick Drake )
Day is done. ( Nick Drake )
Understand ( Steve Harley )

Debs, I reckon Covent Garden will do fine ... just like last time.
But I still can't remember - "was it you that mesmerised me, or the Covent Garden lights?"

got to have been the lights kev