Author
Comment
Censorship on the official site

Just in case anybody missed it before it was removed :

http://www.trebuchet-magazine.com/steve-harley-hmv-forum-live/

It's been a long time.

Concepta

Re: Censorship on the official site

oh dear ! Ive just been over there and read that Utter drivel !
and I just had to say me peace !
Outrageous

Censorship on the Trebuchet Magazine site

Check out my review of the review in the above link before it disappers.

I'll post it here if they censor it again.

Well they don't seem to be accepting comments from me any more.

So here is my response to that terrible review for posterity:

Lazy, spiteful journalism.

Very derivative to accuse Mr Harley of being arrogant. Obviously no research done there.

He never professed to care about that charity. He’d never heard of it until someone offered to buy his bowler hat and donate the proceeds on his fan forum. Again no research done.

Very little research done into Mt Harley past. He was as famous as sliced bread for a while in the seventies and is now gigging more than ever without the backing of a major record label.

Hard to take your criticism about how he sells merchandise very seriously. What do you expect? A gold-plated kiosk with surround sound and lasers?

And again a bit of research would have informed you that he is very well known for his self-deprecating and dry sense of humour, as well as cheekily poking fun at his fans.

Your review was utter drivel, lacking in factual basis, and motivated by spite and negativity.

What was it? Didn’t get invited back stage afterwards?

This from the 'About Trebuchet' article on that website:

"We hope you like the mix and leave us a comment, add a salient link, vehemently disagree and propose a wholesale change to the world."

Maybe I didn't disagree vehemently enough, but their hypocrisy is clear.

Looks like your response has gone too Deborah, though they use some clever website cookie tricks to make you think that your comment is still there. Just look on another computer and you'll see it's gone.

Hey guys. Why not post a review of one of Sarah Corbett's books on Amazon. She wrote the Witch Bag which I'm guessing is an autobiography and The Red Wardrobe. Prices start from 1p a copy. They'd burn brilliantly!
Logs are becoming so expensive.

Bertram Jones
This from the 'About Trebuchet' article on that website:

"We hope you like the mix and leave us a comment, add a salient link, vehemently disagree and propose a wholesale change to the world."

Maybe I didn't disagree vehemently enough, but their hypocrisy is clear.

Looks like your response has gone too Deborah, though they use some clever website cookie tricks to make you think that your comment is still there. Just look on another computer and you'll see it's gone.

well I looked again and managed to copy and paste it ( I feel quite chuffed now ! see I still remember how to do some things )

mind you I looked on my iphone and couldnt see it :-)

this is was what I wrote !

Outrageouse venom ! never read such utter drivel. This woman is clearly from another planet ! The Mans of a musical master class, a poet. and a professional performer through and through.

How anyone fail’s to recognise anything other than that, who has attended any of his live performance’s is beyond me !

If Id never seen The Man live before! and I just read this reveiw, just out of interest ! it would only serve as to furnish me with a very sour taste of how uninspiring and spiteful the author’s observations come across . clearly has some problem with the Job in hand .

anyone think I was a bit harsh ?

I think you were spot on Debs.

I'm not to sure that burning books is the answer Semolina. Someone else tried that a few years ago and it wasn't the answer. However harsh, everyone must have the right to an opinion.Of the music it was fairly generous.Steve suffered a lot more criticism from the press back in the 70's than he does now. About him as a person,he can come over in the ways that were suggested if you were attending a Harley concert for the first time. Maybe Steve did have an 'off night' where he lost it a bit with too many people pushing cameras in his face? Censorship isn't the answer thou.