Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kitchen Music

Sat in the kitchen most of the evening listening to music.

First I had Steve Hillage with the fantastic Fish Rising... bliss.

Next up was Ted Nugent with his first solo album after leaving Amboy Dukes 'Ted Nugent'. Superb.

Then Rival Sons Head Down, excellent as usual. Great band.

Graveyard Lights Out followed. Heavy.

But the best came last. Gawd it sounded good! Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel with The Best Years Of Our Lives.

Re: Kitchen Music

Funny that Pete, we had some kitchen tracks this morning....

Falling, Tom Baxter
The Last DJ, Tom Petty
Love Songs Don't Come Easy Anymore,Anthony Newley
The best is yet to come,Colin Blunestone
Glasgow Road,Dean Ford
and the one that get's us every time..
The Sky's The Limit,Nik Kershaw.

Don't you just love music?

Stewart - Nice to hear someone actually rate Nik Kershaw for a change. Whenever I mention him to anyone as being a brilliant songwriter I don't usually get a favourable response.
The song of his that always gets me is "Have a nice life" from the album "Fifteen Minutes". It's him mentally talking to his child about when he grows up and leaves home. Do take a listen if you haven't already heard it.

Btw, talking of kitchen music, I've been doing up my kitchen the last few weekends and have to say (and I'm not suggesting it has anything to do with the presenters) that I think SOTS on Radio 2 on a Saturday afternoon is better than ever. Great format and there's been some great interviews. No offence to Steve tho!

I agree about SOTS Kev but in my kitchen it's transmitted on Sundays and normally I suffer EPOS before that.....which is dreadful.

Kev,Thanks for the nod re the Kershaw track will check that out! For me Johnnie Walker has the be one of the best DJ'S ever. i've Loved all his output over the years.Dont think he's used as much as he should be by Radio 2 these days! I saw his one man show a couple of years ago, a great nights entertainment.Of course his sounds of the 70's show is superb but I get the feeling he would like to play a little more of the obscure stuff from the 1970's? but being Radio 2 it's a little mainstream at times.
Interesting to read your post as a couple of days ago I was playing a Harley Sounds of the 70's show,when he played 3 tracks dedicated by Graeme B in order.Andy F Low,Syd Barrett and Paglovs Dog,now theres an ecletic choice of tracks for ya! I must admit I'd forgotten how well Mr Harley presented his show,ok he was never going to be a JW ( but then who is?) but fair play to Steve he played the role with a touch of style.

I thought Steve Harley's SOTS was fantastic, and I made a point of tuning in. I catch Mr Walkers show now and again, and he has a good show too. But hand on heart I prefer the one with(out) the bubblegum lol.

Spot on Pete,you never heard the Rollers or Abba on Mr H's show!!Also loved the shows with the guests, Mick Rock and Jim Cregan spring to mind....great stuff.
Talking of request's whilst Graeme got quite a few he was no where near Stella who seemed to get a request every other week!!
I only ever sent one request in myself which was If by Telly Savalas, it wasn't played! wonder why?