Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
childline rocks

Playing my childline rocks cd this morning, thoughts turned to all the Harley related discs I haven't yet put up from my collection, this being one of them.

I remember Wout attending this concert, which featured The Pretty Things, Glenn Hughes, Jon Lord (RIP), Uriah Heep (Tevor Bolder RIP), Thunder, Hot Leg (Justin Hawkins) and Steve Balsamo. He told me how much he enjoyed it, and how glad he was to miss Uriah Heep. Or is that a false memory? Lol.

Re: childline rocks

A not entirely false memory. At first I was sorry until the grand finale (Smoke on the water) and I heard how truely terrible the current Hep singer is, which was later confirmed when we both saw them in Mile End atthat festival.
I also missed Pretty Things but of the rest Glenn Hughes was superb despite his objectionable character (about as fake as is humanly possible). What a singer and seeing the late great Jon Lord was in fact 1 of the highlights of my concert going experiences! Truely wonderful.
As can be seen on your great update Steve & Barry great as always. barry does a great MMS solo, as opposed to the Thunder guitarist's solo in FFL, which my daughters can easily improve upon.
Yes, that was a great night and the videos are also great to see. Job well done our honoured webmaster!!!! I can even spot my own bald head in the FFL vid!

Excellent update. 2 great videos. I didn't even know the cd existed. Thought the backing band and singers did a great job on both songs. What did the Pretty Things play? What a great band.

Many thanks Pete,like GB i missed the show and the cd !! Thanks again for your help to all us Rebel's in keeping us informed and updated.We all greatly appreciate it!!

You can never fault this guy! A true gentleman, and does everything for us.. AND Harley (so much time spent) the community which in a lot of respects have failed him due to the actions of shall I say "the other board"

Graeme, did you really like the guitar solo in FFL? Steve sure didn't, he made a gentle remark about the benefits of rehearsing after the song and if memory serves the chappie remarked about how difficult it is to play acoustic! All good fun. I think it is fair to say Steve is not a fan of hard rock but he still put on a fine performance as did Barry, whose solo in MMS was everything the Thunder boke's in FFL was not. Barry is a much underrated guitarist imho.