Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What ya listening to?

At the moment I'm in love with music again.

On the A list:

Steve Harley - Birmingham (utterly superb)
The Rides - Can't Get Enough
Kevin Ayres - The Harvest Years 1969-1974
Nik Turner - Space Gypsy
Dossche - Vulnerabel

Oh and some great old Friday Rock radio shows with Tommy Vance! (Thanks Stew)

Re: What ya listening to?

No particular albums right now but I have come across a track by The National called "Runaway" and if it's actually possible to have a loving relationship with a song, I think I'm having one with this.
I'm sure you're familiar with this band but I'd never heard of them until recently and this was the first track I heard.

Sadly due to work commitments was unable to go to Birmingham last year so when it arrived i really wanted to hate this album in a pathetic attempt to justify my absence,

But thankfully i have been disapointed. it is just brill, really well produced really well arranged and true to the spirit of the original songs IMHO

1) Steve Harley live in Birmingham
2) Fratellis we need medicine
3) Frank Turner Tape Deck Heart
4) Winter Mountain
5) manic Street Preachers Rewind the Film

Never heard of The National Kev. I will check them out.

I haven't listened to the Manics album more than twice Phil. I like the obvious singles, but not got into it fully as yet. Still, it might have something to do with the fact of having to sell my tickets for the exclusive Manics gig at the Ritz in Manchester, to attend a good mates wedding.

Bets and I had a brilliant time in Cardiff instead. A fantastic day Raymondo and Jayne. A wonderful occasion.

anytime Pete,,,,, pleasure meeting Betsan and having both of your company. never know, may just do it all again in a few years time ( re newing our vows if I havent killed Ray off a slow and painful death ) lol

Many congrats Ray and Jayne. I hope you had a great day. It sounds like you did!

Thanks Kev.. it was special :-). Phil, is the Fratellis a new album?

Hi ray yes first in some time

Yes I see now Phil at their website. I thought they's split up so I haven't been there in awhile. Nice to see they've some gigs lined up also... pity I couldn't do the Wolves one as they are a great band. Seen them before playing for The Who.