Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All Updated.

I will never do that again, ever. What am I on about? Updating all those photo pages I created.

I'm now satiisfied that I don't need to cringe (too much) at some of those awful pages. It's a shame I've lost all my original digital photos, due to hardrive (and backup hardrive) failures. So what you see is what I have. If I could get all my original pictures back, I could do a much better job with them than I did back when.

My old 6m optical zoom camera has served me well. But it's now a museum piece lol. But, the memories it has captured for me, I wouldn't have most without. It's a shame I didn't start taking them earlier. When I struggle to picture festivals or concerts from years gone, seeing a picture or a video jogs the memory. I have recently seen some old Knebworth and Donnington footage. Seeing it bought things back with a real clarity. A clarity which had dimmed to the extent I had false memories.

I know most of you won't even notice the changes to the photo pages. But I certainly can.

Thanks to all who have contributed, with photos etc over the years. I would welcome more, if anyone would like to share...

Re: All Updated.

Pete, I'm astonished and all your hard work and loyalty. I take my hat off to you and believe me, we all appreciate what you do on here. If you were to take this site down I think a lot of us would realise what an incredible resource the internet had lost for all information regarding SH&CR.
There's no doubt that there simply isn't another website out there that comes anywhere close to yours - or ever will do I'm sure. I suppose your only competition would be from that bloke who runs that Crazy Ravers site. The amount of updates that site gets these days is staggering .... LOL
Although I'll never forget Mike J making out he never knew it even existed!
Keep up the great work Pete and more power to your elbow.

I'm sure you could put the wheels back on the bike Kev? Your site was certainly better than mine! But you know, and have experienced, those frustrations with code etc, especially when standards change.

TY for your kind words (ish)

I certainly do understand Pete. I spent hours learning and converting my site in xhtml & css and then pow!!!! .... everything changed and now it all looks like a heap of ####. Just haven't got the time or oomph to sort it all out. That's why I leave it all in your capable hands now!

and very grateful we all are to both of you and all who keep the faith