Return to Website

www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
T-Shirts

Don't get me wrong. I quite like the t-shirt that was put on sale before the Birmingham gig last year and also the latest one which is now currently on sale coinciding with the up and coming Human Menagerie/Psychomodo concerts. Does seem a bit strange thou that both images of Steve are from a period in which the original band had already broken up and the first two albums were but distant memories. A slight continuity error or something the makers of the t-shirts didn't take into consideration.

Re: T-Shirts

You will not find a mention of any of the original players of the first two albums on anything associated with Steve Harley,why is this?I bought the programme in Birmingham along with the cd Cavaliers,the subsequent CD & DVD Live In Birmingham and no mention of the original members of Cockney Rebel,very strange.

Re: T-Shirts

I was going to add those exact words myself Tex but didn't want to go too far in upsetting the 'official' wing of the Harley fanclub. It does seem as thou Steve refuses to accept anything to do with the original line-up (Stuart Elliot aside) For many fans it would be brilliant to see John Crocker or Milton making 'guest' appearances at the up and coming concerts. It seems unlikely I know but look at the Pink Floyd re-union from a few years back. Roger Waters was hated by the rest of the band. Legal actions and other issues over the band name had taken place yet they had it in them to perform together and forget such differences. I do feel that when Steve performs those first two albums live he should at least recognise the original band members in some small way and not completely blank them out of the history books.