3 Para Palestine 1945-1948

Please leave a message if you wish to contact a member of 3 Para . Did you find this website interesting and informative ?  

Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated ! 

3 Para Palestine 1945-1948
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ted Midani

Edward "Ted" Midani died in October 2012 and a memorial address is being prepared for a masonic lodge of which he was a member.

Ted joined A company 3rd Battalion in 1945 and went to Palestine but we think that he was serving prior to that. He was Manchester PRA branch secretary 1947-1997. Colchester claim to have no knowledge of him, although his name is listed elsewhere on this website.

It is proving difficult to obtain any information about Ted's service etc. Can anyone assist? Does anyone remember him?

Thanks.

Re: Ted Midani

Simon, Although it was along time ago I do remember Ted Midani. I joined B Coy 3rd Para Bn at Okehampton in July/August 1945 and he was already an established member of that Coy at that time. I remember he was with us at Larkhill and he was with us when we went to Palestine in Sept 1945. I think he left for demob the following year but as I was not a close friend I cannot give you more than that, I believe that he came from Manchester and also that he had tailoring connections. I think that he was popular but I don't think that he was in 4 platoon. Hope this small amount of info is helpful, cheers Alan

Who do you wish to contact ? simon