3 Para Palestine 1945-1948

Please leave a message if you wish to contact a member of 3 Para . Did you find this website interesting and informative ?  

Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated ! 

3 Para Palestine 1945-1948
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boro Soldiers in Palestine

Hello

My name is Dick Armstrong, I am currently working here in Israel, I am interested to learn more about two young paras from Middlesbrough who served and died here in what was then Palestine, during the Palestine mandate 1945-1948.

The names of the paras (info obtained from The Parachute Regiment – Palestine 1945-1948, are as follows:

RICHARDSON, ANDREW, Private the Parachute Regiment, A.A.C. 9th Bn. Age: 20 Date of Birth 02 August 1925 Date of Death: 02/06/1946 Service No: 14903501
Additional information: Son of Andrew Wylie Richardson and Elizabeth Richardson, of Middlesbrough, Yorkshire. Grave Reference: 7. H. 2. Cemetery: RAMLEH WAR CEMETERY.

DARBYSHIRE, PHILIP Private the Parachute Regiment, A.A.C. 2nd Bn. Age: 20 Date of Birth 02 December 1926 Date of Death: 25/10/1947 Service No: 14126645
Additional information: Son of William N. Darbyshire and Violet M. Darbyshire, of Linthorpe, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire. Grave Reference: E. B. 19. Cemetery: KHAYAT BEACH WAR CEMETERY.

I am a resident of Teesside, where the two soldiers originated from and I am attempting to find as much info as possible on the said individuals.

Any assistance with this request shall be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Dick Armstrong
e-mail: armstrong977@btinternet.com

Who do you wish to contact ? Anyone with info