Return to Website

ATL - HANK WILLIAMS MESSAGE BOARD AND FORUM

www.tinyurl.com/alabamatalkline

"It's All about Hank" Feel free to post a message about Hank Williams and His Music.

Unfortunately, due to heavy SPAM, we have been obliged to LOCK this forum.
If you wish to post a message, send email to internetaction@yahoo.com and we will post it for you.

Alabama Talk Line Message Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hank Williams Film Screening In Montgomery

Hank Williams Film Screening In Montgomery
A NEW MOVIE SHEDS LIGHT ON THE SHORT LIFE OF LEGENDARY COUNTRY SINGER AND ALABAMA NATIVE
by Sarah Cantey

“I Saw The Light,” created by Sony Pictures Classic tells the tale of the country music icon- Hank Williams.

Monday night some of his biggest fans and even his family got to see a special premier in the Capital City. It was invitation only.

Hank Williams died in 1953 at the age of 29, a short life plagued with drug and health problems. Montgomery is where Williams spent much of his life. And the location of the screening is a significant spot in Williams’ history.

Jett Williams, daughter of Hank Williams said, “What’s even more special is to be standing on this location. Because this is where 25 thousand mourners came to pay homage to my dead and his death and they held his funeral inside of this building. And I can’t think of anymore sacred ground for my dad and his memory than to be here tonight and share this film in his hometown.”

The movie opens in select theaters this Friday. There are two Alabama museums dedicated to Williams’ life- one in Montgomery and one in Georgiana. Tourism officials say his grave in Montgomery is the most visited grave site in the state.