Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bad Hotel Experiences 2

When we leave Bunkoyo hotel and find Chinese garden hotel (Berlin hotel or something like that) we met Chinese man Sam, who promised us two double rooms for 300 dalasis each per night, he promised us electricity 24 hours a day for 4 dalasis per Kwh. When we reach this hotel and stay here they cut off electricity and asked us to pay 100 USD for electricity, because we used amateur radio equipment. We payed 100 USD, they promised 100% electricity. After few days they asked to pay 100 USD more. Totaly we payed more than 300 USD for electricity, and when we decided to leave Gambia, they asked us to pay 400 dalasis per double room. But at first we deal for 300!!! Cheaters like every one in GAMBIA!!!!!! We hate this country!! We will never back in such bad hotels like this one. SENEGAMBIA hotel is much better. Next time be clever to spend little bit more money for prestige hotel, not for such dirty place like chinese garden...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Note from webmaster - I have moved these two entries from the Guest Book, I assume these tourists were from Italy and it is a great shame they had such a bad experience at these two hotels (Francis GTS UK)

We lived in Bunkoyo hotel for two nights. They promissed us electricity, refrigerator, but it was very sad. No refrigerator, no electricity, generator did not work well. We spent 2 nights. And when we decided to change hotel, owners forced us to pay for two weeks as we planed to stay!!!

Stupid hotel with stupid owners.Europeans, never NEVER try to visit this dirty hotel!!!!!!

Reply to Andy and Kazu

Dear Andy and Kazu,

First let me say that neither the Chinese Garden nor the Bunkoyo is not connected to GTS in any way, other than being in Gambia.

Secondly I am assuming that Kazu was also a part of your party, I might be incorrect but as you have both signed the Guest book on the GTS website with such similar comments - I hope I am making a correct assumption and please pass on this message to Kazu.

I am sorry you had such an awful stay in both hotels and that you felt cheated over the prices of the rooms and electrics. You were there, so obviously you know the full story and I'm not in a position to comment. If you had been GTS members then certainly we would have dealt with the situation on your behalf.

I think Kazu is in-correct in making sweeping statements about the country or its people from this bad experience, but it is true that without some independent advice it is easy to be taken in by what seems to be an excellent offer, only to find that what you get is quite different and at a different price.

There are many small hotels and lodges that offer excellent accommodation at reasonable prices, the larger hotels are offering a quite different service at a different price. That said, it sounds as if your hotel problems were not the only bad things about your stay - I am truly sorry, but there are people who do not like The Gambia as a holiday venue, I'm sorry you are among them and that you will not be returning.

Many thanks for taking the time to visit our website and warn people of these hotels, from your experiences.

I am moving your entry from the Guest Book to the discussion area The Banta Ba, where I'm sure they will prompt others with bad experiences to voice them, I hope you do not object. Should you decide to return please contact GTS before your visit - then we could do our best to assist in making your stay a happy one.

Francis

GTS UK

IF you have bad Gambia experiences please share them with us.

Replying to:

When we leave Bunkoyo hotel and find Chinese garden hotel (Berlin hotel or something like that) we met Chinese man Sam, who promised us two double rooms for 300 dalasis each per night, he promised us electricity 24 hours a day for 4 dalasis per Kwh. When we reach this hotel and stay here they cut off electricity and asked us to pay 100 USD for electricity, because we used amateur radio equipment. We payed 100 USD, they promised 100% electricity. After few days they asked to pay 100 USD more. Totaly we payed more than 300 USD for electricity, and when we decided to leave Gambia, they asked us to pay 400 dalasis per double room. But at first we deal for 300!!! Cheaters like every one in GAMBIA!!!!!! We hate this country!! We will never back in such bad hotels like this one. SENEGAMBIA hotel is much better. Next time be clever to spend little bit more money for prestige hotel, not for such dirty place like chinese garden...

Replying to:

Note from webmaster - I have moved these two entries from the Guest Book, I assume these tourists were from Italy and it is a great shame they had such a bad experience at these two hotels (Francis GTS UK)

We lived in Bunkoyo hotel for two nights. They promissed us electricity, refrigerator, but it was very sad. No refrigerator, no electricity, generator did not work well. We spent 2 nights. And when we decided to change hotel, owners forced us to pay for two weeks as we planed to stay!!!

Stupid hotel with stupid owners.Europeans, never NEVER try to visit this dirty hotel!!!!!!