Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Books

You could contact Sally Reader from FROGS - they send containers out twice a year to schools. They have also helped establish libraries in villages.

Sally Reader tel 01634 862 365

We are also fundraising for a school in Faji Kunda - we are veterans of car boot sales now!!

Dawn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

We have been fundraising for a school in the Gambia for 3 months now and have raised £600, however we have more good quality childrens books (3/400) than we know what to do with (and some are too old for nursey school age) As I can only physically take a limited amount with me when I go back in November (hopefully) and postage is so expensive, does anyone know if there is a container going over there sometime? At the moment we have been selling them through car boot sales to raise cash, but if you have any other ideas???